Calisthenics is exercise in which you use very minimal equipment and rely on body weight. This is a great idea if you want a home gym as you can save a lot of money by not getting expensive equipment.
We have come up with a list of essential calisthenics equipment to build you Calithentics home gym so we will get straight to it.
Best calisthenics equipment for home use
1. Power Tower
- 【Multi Function】It is a multi-functional power tower that supports vertical knee raise, push-ups, dips as well as pull-ups, which help tone and target your arms, core, shoulders, chest, and back for a stronger upper body.
- 【Ergonomic Design】Humanized design with PU pads for elbow protection, and the armrest of this dip station is slightly inclined towards the inside 10 degree to prevent the elbow from slipping off.
- 【6 Gear Regulation Height】The height of pull up bar can be adjusted from 64.56" to 88.18", suitable for all adult fitness needs at home, office.
A power tower is going to be your most expensive investment if not your only investment if you are on a tight budget. Your calisthenics set up it cannot be complete without this core piece of equipment. It doesn’t take up a lot of space, while it also gives you the limitless range to do multiple calisthenics exercise.
Yes, it might be costly, but think about how much money you would spend on a crowded gym it will soon pay for it self.
When it comes to which power tower to get any one with the core features would do, the Wieder Power tower is a good option.
It has 5 different work stations and has various bars at different levels to up the number of movements you can do with it, and it’s made of solid steel for structural support.
If you were to only get one thing for your home gym, a power tower has to be the go-to.
2. Indoor Pull up bar
- -The horizontal bar is a home fitness equipment originated in the United States that can be installed on the door frame. The clever mechanical principle is used to fix the horizontal bar by the weight of the body. There is no need to modify the door frame or any damage to the door frame, because the real stress point is not on the door frame but on the wall.
- -This product integrates sit-ups, pull-ups, and push-ups. It is suitable for suite interior doors and is a good helper for fitness and weight loss.
- -This product does not need to be fixed on the door, only need to install the product itself, when it is needed, just put it on, and take it down when not in use, it is convenient and practical.
If you only wanted to buy two things the essential second piece would be an indoor pull-up bar.
Pull-up bars are traditional for a reason. They do not only permit you to achieve any and all the core calisthenic back movements, they also give you a great way to build your core through the hanging ab exercises.
The perfect type of pull-up bar is a overall workout bar or one that separates from a doorway and allows you to use the bar on the ground
This gives you a freestanding bar that you can use as a grip for push-ups, handstands, dips, and more.
Also hence the “indoor” part of the pull up bar you can use this anywhere in your house and not just in your garage workout area for example.
This specific pull-up bar is really affordable it uses leverage on the doorway, so you don’t have to screw or nail this pull-up bar into position. This allows you to put it on the ground for push work too, as previously stated.
3. Weighted Vest
- Every items comes with weights included
- Weights can be removed in all models
- One size fits most, manufacture warranty included
Weighted vests are essentially adding body-weight to your body weight exercises.
One of the top weight vest out there is the RUNFast/Max weight vest.
This is a very handy piece of equipment because you can add or drop the weight attached to the vest.
So if your body weight is not becoming a challenge you can add more weight with the vest.
Progressive compound overload is also a key to building muscle which is basically adding more weight overtime a
So, if you gradually overload your lifts – which you certainly should – this is ideal for incrementally bumping up the load.
This vest ranges from 12 lbs all the way up to 140 lbs (if you get that version).
4. Ab roller
- Ultra-wide ab roller with built-in resistance and ergonomic handles to help maximize results of ab roll-out exercises
- Interior kinetic engine uses a carbon steel spring to provide resistance and amplify abdominal and arm workout
- Ultra-wide wheel tread offers stability when carving left, right or center for targeted work on obliques
The next essential piece of Calisthenics equipment is the amazing ab roller.
An ab wheel roller is magnificent for directly targeting all the abdominal muscles.
There are 3 stages of the ab roller exercises; where if you are a beginner you don’t have to roll all the way down so it’s easier to do. And if you are an intermediate or pro then you can roll the ab Roller all the down and be straight on the ground its shown on the right.
The ab curver pro is our recommended product as you can roll in multiple directions which allows you to easily target all the ab muscles.
5. Resistance bands
Resistance bands is another piece of equipment that you can use anywhere around the house and they have a wide range exercise that target multiple part of the body.
A you can tone your back, chest, arms and legs basically there is a workout for your whole body.
This is ideal for toning and gain small amounts of muscle.
6. Jump rope
- Smooth and Fast: the ball bearing system avoids the twisting, winding or bending like other fitness ropes, it ensures stable and relaxed rotation, as our skipping rope can bear heavy load, which brings your a perfect exercise of skipping rope, also provides the best fluency for elite fitness professionals.
- Sports Fitness: our exercise skipping rope can shape your cardio endurance, stamina and speed, while improving the muscle tension of your whole body. A great choice for boxing, MMA and cross training.
- PVC Embedded Wire Rope: the braided steel wire rope is coated with PVC, which features durable and smooth, ensures the maximum service life and avoids cracking or breaking.
Not to much to mention here but this is one of the best and simple calorie burning excursive you can do. The ket to burning fat is a high intensity exercise and the jump rope does just that. whether you want to warm up or just go full out and work up a good sweat a strong study rope is needed.
7. Gymnastic Rings
- BEST RATED GYM RINGS ON THE MARKET; Includes 2 Gymnastic Rings with straps and adjusting buckles; The rings are made of textured, grippable PC Plastic (to reduce slippage associated with sweaty hands)which is stronger, more durable and of higher quality material then ABS plastic rings and are capable of supporting up to 2,000 lbs making them the best quality gymnastics rings on the market
- TAKES 5 MINUTES TO SET UP, USE AND ADJUST providing you with a great home gym substitute
- UNLIMITED BODY WEIGHT EXERCISES; Ring training is a very mobile and versatile way to engage your muscles and core with exercises such as pullups, pushups, dips, rows, muscle ups for a functional and varied free range of movement; Great for kids to use in the backyard and for avid exercise lovers to use in the gym or anywhere they can safely hang them
Gymnastic ring training is the last on this list but very important part of your set up.
You can literally perform unlimited body weight exercises with many different ways of doing it. The rings can way to activate your muscles and core with exercises like pullups, pushups, dips, rows and muscle ups.
An added bonus with this is that it is great for kids to use in the backyard to play around with when you are not using it.
Also to not when doing high intense training if you do the with the rings they exercises can be almost 4 times MORE EFFECTIVE then dozens of regular gym exercises.
Not would your muscles work harder than ever to keep your core engaged and body balanced but your secondary muscles, tendons, and joints will get stronger as well since you are using them.