- 1 The Best Dip Bars For Home
- 1.1 Ultimate Body Press Dip Bar Fitness Station
- 1.2 Fuel Pureformance Deluxe Dip Station
- 1.3 GOPLUS Dip Bars Fitness Dip Station
- 1.4 F2C 440lbs Heavy Duty Bicep Tricep Exercise Training Dipping Station
- 1.5 Wacces Heavy Duty Functional Fitness Station Stabilizer Dip Stands
- 1.6 Sunny Health & Fitness SF-BH6507 Dip Station
- 1.7 ProsourceFit Dip Stand Station
- 2 Tips for Working Out at Home with a Dip Bar
- 3 Sample Dip Bar Workout
- 4 Questions and Answers
In case you’re searching for a solid chest, shoulders, and triceps, plunges are the appropriate response. This generally straightforward bit of gear will be an invite expansion to your home rec center. To do plunges, you’ll need a plunge station.
Turning out on this sort of gear from home, you’re likely going to need something lightweight, convenient, and sufficiently solid to last under your weight.
Right now, accumulated a rundown of the main 7 versatile plunge bars that I feel fit that criteria. Picking one can be somewhat of an overwhelming undertaking. When you wrap up this article, you ought to have all the subtleties you have to settle on an educated choice on a plunge station.
The Best Dip Bars For Home
- THE PATENTED DIP STATION: The patented adjustable Dip Station with 2 width positions that correctly fits you and every member of your family. Dip Station stands 3' tall to fit users up to 6. 5' in height and builds up to 350 lbs
- EASY STORAGE: The only Dip Station that folds easily for transport or storage with fast color-coded spring-tab assembly that requires no tools. Quick-adjust leveling feet are firm on every surface
- BETTER FORM: Exclusive angled grips ergonomically reduce strain and support proper form to rapidly sculpt arms, chest, shoulders and core. Premium pads and thick wall steel stand up to your most rigorous workouts
This is an adjustable dip bar station that allows two different width positions. Because the frame is compact, it is ideal for storage in small spaces. With the fast color-coded spring-tab assembly, you can put this dip bar together quickly without using any tools. To keep the station level, you can use the quick-adjust leveling feet.
To properly support your bodyweight rows, the grips come angled. It ergonomically supports the chest, shoulders, arms, and core. With additional accessories sold separately, you can increase your resistance with trainers, or a weighted dip belt. Also available are online guides to make sure that you get the most out of this equipment. Strengthen your lower back with L-sits and knee raises.
- Dimensions: 24 x 36 x 36
- Weight: 17.8 lbs
- Fast and easy to assemble
- No need for screws or screwdrivers
- Some have experienced slight shakiness
- The paint can be scraped off when bumped into walls or other items
Built with 12 and 14-gauge steel, this model promises durability with gussets and a powder-coated finish. With an open, pass-through design, you can engage in a versatile number of exercises.
Strengthen your triceps by performing chest dips. Build up your forearms, back and biceps doing pull-ups, holding the bars.
With the Olympic rings on the Deluxe Dip Station, you can do chest flyes, targeting the chest muscles. There are three different models of this dip station, so if you want the one with Olympic Rings, go for the more expensive option.
- Item Dimensions: 29.92 x 24.8 x 38.58
- Item Weight: 30.5 pounds
- Light enough to move around your home, but stable enough to support your weight
- Wider hand grips as not to bruise your palms
- The plastic feet can crack and require replacement early in the life cycle
- Rough edges might need to be sanded down to avoid injury
- 【Harder Exercise】It comes with two Pull Belts, and the adjustable height of the belt is between 4 inch to 12 inch. The belt will shake during exercise, in this case, the strength of athletes, especially the specific arm strength is more demanding.
- 【Ergonomic Design】There is two pads on grabbing slings to increase comfort and friction so that it is more safe when you are doing pull-up and your hands will not hurt. With 4-section non slip rubber coat on the bottom, the bench will not move when you are doing exercise.
- 【No Site Limitation】There is no limitation on place, our Goplus dip station is ideal for indoor healthy and fitness exercising, which will sculpt your arms, chest and shoulders with angled grips for both Tricep and Chest Dips.
Built out of premium powder-coated steel tubes, this dip station can hold up for a long time under rigorous workouts. With a compact size, you can move it to wherever you wish without much effort.
When not in use, store it effortlessly under your bed or in your closet. Perform dips and pushups with ease using the foam-padded handgrips. The non-slip rubber coat keeps the station from sliding around on the floor during use.
This unit is easy to assemble, connecting the parts by tightening the screws with nuts and bolts. This station also includes a pair of slings, providing you with an opportunity to do push-ups, back rows, leg swings, and knee raises.
- Item Dimensions: 32.5 x 27 x 37.5
- Product Weight: 22 lbs
- Weight Capacity 264 lbs
- Easy assembly
- Supports several different exercises
- Not the sturdiest
- Can be wobbly or noisy during use
- Perfect for home and Gym use.
- Heavy duty iron construction for study and durable.
- Simple assemble need and all the hardware included.
This dip station was forged out of heavy-duty iron to provide durability and sturdiness. This model has an unusually high user weight capacity of 440 pounds. So, if you’re a heavier trainer, this is the dip station for you.
The body of this equipment is lightweight, which makes it easy to move from one place to the next. The compact size also allows for easy storage without taking up too much space in your home gym. The rubber feet keep your gear in place, so it doesn’t slide and ruin your floors.
This item has a pass-through design so you can achieve a variety of workouts. It’s also easy to assemble, constructed out of powder-coated steel.
- Item Dimensions: 39.37 x 25.59 x 53.34
- Product Weight: 31 lbs
- Easy Assembly
- Good paint and finish
- The dip bar may flex as you push up
- Some have complained of wobbly and unstable design
- BODY WEIGHT: Works arms, chest, back and core muscles by using your own body weight as resistance.
- MULTI-PURPOSE: Perfect for bar exercises, dips, pull ups, pushups, L-sits, bench press and more.
- PORTABLE: Lightweight, easy to stack and store, and fits easily into any home gym environment.
With a 16-inch long safety connector, rubber feet, and padded grip handles, this dip station provides safety and stability. As a lightweight, portable model, it is easy to stack and store. You can use this equipment for multiple purposes, including dips, pushups, pullups, L-sits, and bench presses.
These stands were created out of heavy-duty tubing capable of supporting as much as 400 lbs. This model allows you to take full control of your bodyweight exercises for greater muscle strength and endurance. You can adjust the height in case you require it to be a little higher off the ground. It also has molded rubber feet to prevent scratches to your floors.
- Appealing aesthetic
- Sturdy build
- Decent product for taller people
- Some have said this model is too narrow and you have to exercise caution when doing dips and other exercises
- SOLID STEEL FRAME: Durable steel frame makes this dip trainer excellent for your home gym. Get the confidence to increase the intensity of your workout with the dip bar fitness station that will support you.
- SAFETY CONNECTOR: Unlike traditional dip stations, the Sunny fitness dip exercise equipment is connected through the adjustable safety connector. This will allow you to contract and extend the bar to your liking from 20” to 28”.
- FOAM HAND GRIPS: Soft foam grip handles are designed for comfort during your exercise. Non-slip handles allow you to perform your dips and pushups without experiencing hand fatigue.
This dip station, like others in this list, comes with a durable steel frame. One of its main draws is the adjustable safety connector that allows you to extend the width from 20 inches to 28 inches.
You can sculpt your arms, chest, and shoulders with this fitness station. Multiple styles of dip exercises are possible. Included are also soft foam handles to prevent slippage and bruising. This model has a user weight capacity of 250 pounds.
- Item Dimensions: 46.3 x 26.4 x 29.5 Inches
- Item Weight: 18.17 lbs
- Excellent build quality
- It’s a good size for most average users
- Height cannot be adjusted
- Might not be advisable for taller users
The ProsourceFit Dip Stand Station gives you the ability to train your core and entire upper body without having to buy expensive weights. This model is surprisingly light though it has been constructed out of durable iron. This model is adjustable to accommodate all body types.
Not only is this model easy to assemble, but it is also just as easy to break it down for extra portability. The ultra-sturdy iron tubes are connected with a stabilizing safety connector so you can exercise without the worry of falling. This model comes in red, yellow, or black, so you can find one that matches the color theme of your home gym.
- Item Dimensions: 16 x 31 x 24 Inches
- Item Weight: 23.5 lbs
- Very easy to put together
- Great product for the price
- Lightweight and easy to move or store
- Details on how to use are included
- Making adjustments can be difficult because of the tight fit between pieces
- Can be wobbly when set up on a carpet
Tips for Working Out at Home with a Dip Bar
Now that you’ve decided on a dip bar, here are some items you might want to consider when starting to train.
There are quite a few different exercises you can do on each of the models listed above. The most common, of course, is dips. Dips are one of the best bodyweight exercises after push-ups, and they don’t require individual guidance to do correctly.
The next exercise you might want to try is inverted rows when you lie beneath the bar and pull yourself up. This is excellent for your biceps, forearms, and back muscles.
Then you should try knee raises or L-sits. These exercises will work your core and develop your upper body. As you make progress working out with your dip bar, you can try more advanced exercises to isolate other parts of your body.
Sample Dip Bar Workout
Here’s an example of an effective workout you can do with your shiny new dip bar:
You can do these exercises in supersets, meaning you can move quickly from exercise to exercise without taking a break for added intensity. You can do as many reps as you can minus two. So, if you burn out at ten dips, do only 8.
Do five seconds worth of an L-sit. If it’s too difficult for you to keep your legs fully extended, you might want to bend your knees.
Together, the workout should look like this:
- 1 Set of Dips
- 1 Set of Inverted Rows
- 1 L-Sit
Do each of these items for five rows with a 1-minute rest in between. You might want to introduce some lower body work like squats to work out your legs more thoroughly. You’ll want to make sure to maintain proper form each exercise to get the most out of your training.
Out of all of the Dip Bars discussed in the article, I would recommend Sunny Health & Fitness SF-BH6507. It’s lightweight, easy to store, and adaptable, all of the things you might be looking for.
The CoreX bar covers all the needs that a home gym dip station has to have. For the price of one or two gym memberships, you can have a piece of equipment that will last you a lifetime of training, no matter how advanced you become.
This dip bar covers all the needs you might have for a home gym dip station.
Questions and Answers
Are dip bars good?
Dip bars, otherwise known as dip stations, are very versatile pieces of equipment that work almost all of the muscles in the upper body. If you don’t have much space for working out at home, a small dip station may be a suitable choice.
How tall should a Dip Bar be?
It is advised that the handles of a dip station be between 3 to 6 feet, so there will be enough space to perform a dip exercise adequately.
How do you use a Dip Bar?
Check the videos above to learn how to maintain proper form when doing dips on a dip bar.
Are dips better than pushups?
In general, dips are a little harder on your shoulders than pushups. Pushups are a more horizontal motion pressing on your pecs, triceps, and shoulders.
What muscles does a dip bar work?
Doing dips on a dip bar primarily works your triceps, with the significant synergists being the pectoral muscles, the anterior deltoid, the rhomboid muscles in the back, and the pectoralis muscles (the sternal, clavicular, and the minor).
What’s the best dip bar for calisthenics?
I would recommend the GOPLUS Dip Bars Fitness Dip Station. You can find out more about this equipment above.