Okay, we should talk practice mats! Is it accurate to say that you are searching for an activity tangle for high effect exercise? On the off chance that you participate in high-power interim preparing (HIIT) like P90, Insanity, T25, Plyometrics, Zumba and that’s only the tip of the iceberg, you need an extraordinary tangle. Yet, how would you locate an outstanding mat?
Best home exercise mats
I have run over various exercise tangles in the market and with heaps of alternatives, choosing a tangle can demonstrate to be a tough undertaking. In the event that you need to take advantage of your training sessions and pad your body your activity tangle must be of high caliber.
Also, it brings to the table you a feeling that all is well with the world to make an agreeable situation that encourages sheltered and viable practice. Nothing is as more regrettable as slipping and sliding in your exercise. It’s only a bad dream. On the off chance that you need to dodge such an accident, you ought to put resources into a top of the line tangle. Displayed underneath are a few insights that will assist you with purchasing the best exercise tangle for high-force interim preparing.
Best Exercise Mats For High-Intensity Interval Training
This tangle estimates 6ft x 4ft x 1/4 inch multiple times bigger than typical exercise tangles and weigh 14.4 pounds. It additionally accompanies a microfiber towel. Gorilla mats are premium quality eco-accommodating mats bigger than standard tangles and are intended to support your presentation and offer you loads of solaces. The mats are made to transform your home or space into an exercise territory when you turn them out.
- Thick twofold sided structure – This raises the solidness and non-slip properties of the mats. The mats accompany a special, roundabout example at the base to hold and keep it from sliding while you are working out.
- Secures floor and joints – Make your exercises significantly simpler and agreeable by setting your gorilla tangle on any surface.
- Towel ties – Every gorilla tangle accompanies a microfiber towel to wipe away dampness to give you a touch of additional cushioning and grasp. Besides, the Velcro lashes keep your tangle moved up for capacity.
- Lifetime guarantee – You can exercise on the mats with your shoes and they won’t get harmed. Since gorilla mats are of high caliber, the producer remains behind them with a lifetime guarantee.
- THE GAME CHANGER: S/36 Exercise Mats are intended for home-based cardio and fitness workouts with or without shoes, such as: cardio, plyometrics, cardio kickboxing, conditioning, aerobics, strength training, and muscular structure. Perfect for living room workouts, home gyms, or garage gyms.
- FFEATURED ON THE TOP FITNESS PROGRAMS IN THE WORLD : The best mats on the market. S/36 Exercise Mats are manufactured to the highest standards in the world in a brand new state-of-the-art factory. Our mats are free from BPA, Phthalates, Formaldehyde and harmful colorants.
- S/36 EXERCISE MATS: 7mm thick, ultra dense, made with natural rubber and polymer environmental resin. We are obsessed with the quality of our mats and guarantee that they are the best quality exercise mat on the market. To clean your S/36 Exercise Mats, use a soft cloth and water mixed with a couple of drops of mild dish soap (without bleach). Wipe dry with a towel.
- SPECS: 6ft x 6ft & 7mm Thick (72" x 72" x 1/4") - 36 Square feet of workout space. Includes Storage Bag & Storage Straps. S/36 Exercise Mats Can Be Used On Hardwood, Laminate, Cement, Tile Or Carpet. Roll out in living room or home gym and easily roll up to store.
- SIZES: The 6'x4' and 6'x6' sizes are great for living room workouts (more portable). Our larger sizes 8'x6', 10'x6' & 12'x6' are amazing for home gym and garage gyms (more permanent, as these sizes are a bit heavy to move around).
This 8ft x 6ft exercise tangle from Square 36 is perfect for high-power exercises like P90x, plyometrics or Insanity anyplace. It gauges 19 pounds and can likewise be utilized together with other exercise center hardware like iron weights or ropes without getting harmed. Its surface is additionally produced using extreme material to enable you to prepare with your shoes.
- Nontoxic materials – The mats are produced using high-grade non-harmful materials. You can do your part to ensure nature by getting one of them.
- Capacity pack and lashes – Square 36 exercise mats are anything but difficult to unbelievably with capacity ties that keep them moved up and a capacity sack to keep them.
- Compact – I am astonished that as huge as this tangle seems to be, conveying it is a breeze. You can utilize it in your lounge room today, convey it to your carport or exercise classes the following day.
- Utilized with different mats – If you are finished with high-force exercises you can utilize this tangle with the Square 36 yoga tangle for yoga just as extending.
- Lifetime guarantee – Square 36 mats are created utilizing cutting edge innovation implying that they can last your lifetime. The maker remains behind them with a lifetime guarantee since they have confidence in their items.
- High Dense Micro-foam material. With or Without Shoes!
- 【WORKOUT WITHOUT RESTRICTION】Extra long & wide for all types of CARDIO WORKOUT like P90X and Insanity, for DANCE WORKOUT like T25 and Zumba, for HOME GYM EXERCISE like Weightlifting, Jump Rope, Sit-up or Stretch. With or without shoes. Works great on most floor surfaces. Non-toxic and Eco-friendly.
- 【DOUBLE SIDED NON-SLIP SURFACES】The spacious mat has double-sided no-skid surfaces for enhanced traction and superior grip. Grooved & matrix-circle underside stops the mat from sliding on the floor. The subtly textured surface prevents hands and feet from slipping out of position to prevent injuries.
- 【NO MORE SORE KNEES AND ELBOWS】7mm High-Density Memory Foam is a great combination of stability and cushioning. It provides the body with great support, extra comfort, and protection during aerobics workouts. Outstanding performance at abrasion and scratch resistance, tear and impact protection. Noise and Vibration reduced, floor protection.
- 【NON-TOXIC AND SAFE TO USE】We believe in creating a premium quality eco-friendly gym floor mat that is safe for your body, mind, and spirit. Our heavy-duty mats are latex-free, phthalate-free, silicone-free, and toxin-free. Durable and Long-lasting. Easy to clean and roll-up.
- 【INCLUDED GLOVE & LIFETIME SERVICES】It comes with 1 pair High-Quality Glove, 3 Velcro Storage Straps and 1 Carry Bag. Our oversized jump mat can be also used for kid's play area and mat furniture for Fitness Equipment. We stand by the quality of our exercise mats and provide LIFETIME SERVICES.
The Gxmmat enormous exercise tangle estimates 6ft x 5ft and 7mm in thickness. It weighs 16.98 pounds is ideal for your home as it permits you more opportunity when working out. You don’t need to make a big deal about getting off the tangle in your exercise.
- Huge size – The huge size is perfect for high-power exercises like Zumba and craziness. With such a tangle you don’t need to worry about having adequate space for your exercise.
- Non-harmful materials – I like that Gxmmat is produced using top notch non-dangerous materials that are eco-accommodating. It is free from latex, phthalate, silicone and different poisons.
- Lightweight – This tangle doesn’t gauge a lot and can be conveyed without any difficulty.
- Capacity pack and Velcro ties – This tangle accompanies a sack for capacity and Velcro lashes to keep it moved up prepared for capacity or transportation.
- Lifetime guarantee – The Gxmmat practice tangle accompanies a lifetime ensure implying that you can return it to the merchant in the event that it neglects to meet your expectations for a discount.
Trying to lug a large exercise mat to a fitness class is not easy, but ProsourceFit is showing that it can be. From the tri-fold design that makes folding a breeze to the two comfortable carry handles, this exercise mat means business.
It has a lovely blue color scheme, foam interior, and a vinyl surface. As a result, it’s easy to wipe down and keep clean. It’s also suitable for a variety of exercises while being of a generous 72 x 24 inches. The padding is quite hard, given that it’s only 1.5 inches thick, but that doesn’t mean it won’t suit your workout needs. Air it out upon arrival, then choose this mat for all your exercise requirements.
- Carrying handles
- Tri-fold design
- Blue color scheme
- Foam interior
- Vinyl surface
- 72 x 24 x 1.5 inches
- It folds easily
- It has plenty of padding
- Ideal for a variety of exercises
- It’s easy to clean
- It’s portable with carrying handles
- It has a strong odor
- The padding is hard
- Comfortably： ensures comfort for all-purpose,With high density foam TPE material, thickness premium mat comfortably cushions spine, hips, knees and elbows on hard floors.
- Non Slip：With double sided texture surfaces,premium exercise yoga mat comes with an excellent slip resistant advantage to prevent injuries.
- Lightweight and portable：it is great for travel and easy to store,Ideal for yoga, Pilates, stretching and toning workouts.
- Extremely durable：high density memory foam that provides comfort for your knees, elbows and hips while giving you firm and safe support for your exercise.
- designed：Two specially designed different textures, low one grips the floor and top one ensures you stay secure and slip-free while doing your Yoga, Pilates or Fitness, Gym Workouts.
Some people say the foam of this exercise mat rips and stretches, but if you can look past those two minor points, you can see that this mat is well worth your use during exercise. From the convenient carry strap that makes it portable to the four color options offering you plenty of choices, what’s not to love?
The high-density half-inch foam is also a nice touch, as is the warranty that offers peace of mind. Thanks to moisture-resistant technology, people also love how easy to care for and clean this exercise mat is. If you were going to choose any mat to take to your next yoga class, let it be this high-quality one from BalanceFoam.
- Carrying strap
- Four color options
- 0.5-inch thickness
- High-density foam
- Moisture-resistant technology
- Two-year warranty
- You can choose a color
- It’s easy to wash
- It doesn’t let moisture in
- Generous warranty period
- The carry handle makes it portable
- It’s lightweight
- The foam stretches
- It’s easy to rip
A small exercise mat is more than suitable for a single workout session, but what happens if you want to work out as a group, or take part in a wide variety of exercises? You reach for this puzzle-style mat instead.
This EVA foam mat is ¾-inch thick and consists of 24 tiles and 48 end borders. It measures 98 square feet and offers enough space for a variety of workout types. The tiles are moisture-resistant and easy to clean, and they all come with a two-year warranty. Make the mat as small or as large as you like, and work out comfortably. Some people say there is inconsistency in the pieces, and that they pull apart. Still, it’s not hard to see this mat can offer a lot of convenience to a fitness class or group.
- EVA foam
- Interlocking tiles design
- Three color options
- Six styles
- 24 tiles
- 48 end borders
- 96 square-foot coverage
- ¾-inch thickness
- Moisture-resistant technology
- Two-year warranty
- You can make the mat as large as you like
- It covers a wide area
- Generous warranty period
- Ideal for groups and individuals
- You can choose a color
- It’s easy to wash
- Suitable for different exercises
- Some inconsistency in the pieces
- They don’t stay together with vigorous workouts
- THE EXERCISE MAT MADE FOR YOU: Work out with total focus as every stretch, exercise, and yoga pose is equally supported with over 18 square feet of surface area (Actual dimensions are 3' x 6' 4” x 2” thickness. )
- THE RIGHT SIZE: Roll up mats interrupt your stretches when poses extend out to the hard floor and full size gym mats are too large for home gyms. The Exercise and Yoga Mat takes up less space while providing the full commercial experience in any setting.
- PREMIUM MATERIALS: Carefully selected shell in extra-thick premium vinyl and high density foam core provide excellent comfort and support and is suitable for home and commercial use. The shell is easy to clean and feels great against your skin.
- EASY STORAGE AND PORTABILITY: The Exercise Mat has handles built in and is the only compact four-section mat design to fold quickly for storage and transport.
- THE MODERN LOOK: Sleek design and modern tone on tone gray over black color palette compliments your décor and looks great alongside your fitness equipment.
- WE BUILD THE GEAR WE WANT TO USE and we think you'll enjoy the results. Satisfaction is and backed with USA tech support. Order your Exercise Yoga Mat today.
- SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE: We build the gear we want to use and we think you'll enjoy the results. Satisfaction is backed with USA tech support. Let us hear about your experience with an Amazon product review, order your Exercise Mat today.
This exercise mat from Ultimate Body Press might have a strong odor when you first buy it. Still, it’s otherwise a worthwhile investment for your exercise sessions. Users get to enjoy a four-panel fold that means you can take it anywhere you like, not to mention carry hands for easy transportation. The two-inch thickness of the foam is a nice touch, too, given that it makes you more comfortable as you workout. Other standout features include easy-clean vinyl and a competitive price tag. If the time has come to invest in a more comfortable mat than the one you have, this one will surely tick all the boxes.
- Four-panel fold
- 6’4 x 3 feet
- Two-inch thickness
- Two carry handles
- Vinyl cover
- Foam padding
- The vinyl is easy to clean
- It’s portable
- Ideal for a fitness class
- The foam is thick and comfortable
- It’s competitively priced
- Plenty of space for workouts
- Strong odor
If you’re trying to be as eco-friendly as possible in your daily activities, then it might be time to invest in this exercise mat from Aimerday. While other mats feature TPE and other materials, this one uses recycled products to create a fantastic mat.
It’s available in five unique colors and patterns and is around a quarter-inch thick. It also has generous proportions of around 72 x 24 inches. Enjoy the odorless materials, anti-skid texture, and lightweight feature that makes it easy to carry around. Some people say the material feels harsh and that it squeaks on floors, but can you really put a price on being environmentally friendly?
- Five color options
- ¼-inch thickness
- Carrying strap
- 72 x 24 inches
- Recycled material
- Anti-skid texture
- It uses recycled materials for an eco-friendly approach
- Unique colors and patterns
- It doesn’t slip around on the floor
- Suitable for kids and adults
- Easy to store
- It squeaks on the floor
- The texture is harsh
- High Density and EPE Foam -- Polar Aurora 4'x10'x2" gymnastic mat is made of highly dense and environmentally friendly EPE foam. It is soft and highly resilient enough for anyone to train or do exercises on it as well as gives you strong and comfortable support.Constructed of 4 panels: each 4' x 2.5' x 2"
- Easy Storage and Carriage -- The whole mat consists of four panels that can be easily folded. The folding form can greatly save storage space. Two handles are sewn in both ends of the mat and are easy for to hold and carry.
- Durable PU Leather and Easy to Keep Clean -- The entire gymnastic mat is covered with PU leather which is long-lasting enough to protect inner foam and ensure safe exercise. Besides, the surface is so smooth.
An easy-care exercise mat is not that easy to find, but this one from Polar Aurora is meeting the mark in many ways. Thanks to its vinyl cover, it’s effortless to clean, not to mention vibrant in eight different colors. It’s of generous sizing at four feet by eight feet and is two inches thick for comfort. The EPE foam is suitable for a range of workouts. People also enjoy the carry handles and velcro straps for portability, not to mention the easy-fold design. This convenient, robust exercise mat is most certainly worth your attention.
- Eight color options
- 4 x 8 feet
- Two-inch thickness
- EPE foam construction
- Two handles
- PU leather cover
- Velcro straps
- It folds easily
- Straightforward to store
- Easy to carry
- Effortless to clean
- Plenty of color options to choose
- Thick foam for comfort
- They can rip at the seams
- The vinyl can wrinkle
- 21 named exercises and clear visuals printed directly on it
- Shows muscles being targeted to help improve your performance
- Layer exercises together for a proven full-body fitness program
If you consider yourself to be an exercise master, then this exercise mat from SKLZ is worth your inspection. It doesn’t offer a lot of padding, nor does it come with carrying handles for portability, but it’s an excellent option for exercise. Rather than rely on your memory, this mat has exercises printed on the mat itself. You can enjoy a premium workout that targets every area of your body. The mat is thin enough to roll up and store, and it features high-quality materials. It’s also reasonably generous with its sizing of 24 x 72 inches. It won’t win any awards for comfort, but you’re bound to feel like you’ve had a decent workout after using it.
- Printed exercises
- 24 x 72 inches
- Black color scheme
- Patented technology
- Roll-up design
- It has all the exercises pre-printed on it
- Ideal for beginners and experts
- Easy to roll up and take with you anywhere
- Suitable for a full-body workout
- No carry handles
- Thin padding
- MULTIPURPOSE USE - Provides a cushioned workout surface for home, gym, or outdoors. Great for martial arts, stretching, gymnastics, core workouts, or tum-bling
- CUSHIONED SUPPORT - Resilient EPE foam provides comfortable support and keeps its shape to protects knees, wrists, elbows and back
- PORTABLE BI-FOLD DESIGN - Folds in half for easy storage after use. Side handles makes carrying easy for convenient workouts anywhere!
- RESILIENT VINYL - Durable vinyl surface resists tearing or stretching with nor-mal use, and is easy to wipe clean for easy maintenance
- COLOR OPTIONS & SIZE - Comes in black, grey, and blue. Unfolded Dimen-sions: 71”L x 23 ¾”W x 1 ½” T
If you’re on the hunt for a firm, high-quality exercise mat that won’t let you down, then this model from ProsourceFit is worth a look. From the three color options you can choose, to the carry handles for portability, what’s not to love? Fitness fanatics will also enjoy the generous sizing of 6 x 2 feet, even if it does seem a little narrow. It also folds in half for storage, has high-quality EPE foam, and is firm. Some say it’s too hard, but not all share that opinion. This easy-care mat also has a vinyl cover, which makes it easy to clean. It’s well worth a closer look to see if it works for you.
- Three colors
- Carry handles
- 6 x 2 feet
- EPE foam
- Bi-fold design
- Vinyl surface
- 1.5-inch thickness
- It’s easy to clean
- It folds for easy storage
- It has two handles for portability
- You can pick a color
- Versatile for a range of workouts
- It’s quite narrow
- It’s hard
- Portable floor to enhance yoga, Pilates or ballet barre exercise at home on carpet or outdoors. Place your yoga mat on the LifeBoard and practice yoga just like you would on a hard floor. Yoga mat not included. DO NOT USE OR STORE IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
- Firm, rigid platform to support yoga on soft surfaces like carpet at home, or grass at the park. Non-skid top surface prevents yoga mat from slipping on the LifeBoard. Lightweight, easy to carry and store. Approximately 8.5 lbs per panel (17 lbs total).
- Easy to assemble. Pick up the LifeBoard, one panel in each hand, with the bottom facing you, and the tab ends facing each other in the middle, and pointing out away from you (forming a v shape). Bring the tab end of the panels together and interlock, then swing the panels out until they’re flat with one another, creating a single flat LifeBoard.
- Made of recyclable high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and shipped in boxes made of 100% recycled material. The LifeBoard is made of 50% recycled material.
- Black. 73” L x 28 3/4” W x 5/8” H (assembled) - just a little larger than a standard yoga mat.
This exercise mat from Lifeboard is not the most affordable option for people, but if you don’t mind spending a bit more, then go full steam ahead with this purchase. This yoga mat is larger than many others and has two panels that weigh 8.5 pounds each. They feature recyclable high-density polyethylene materials, and half of that is recycled. The black color scheme also means it hides marks and scuffs well. Use it for a range of exercises – either in a commercial or home setting. You can even use this exercise mat inside or outside. Check it out for yourself; it might surprise you with its value.
- 8.5-pound panel weight
- Two panels
- Recyclable high-density polyethylene construction
- 50 percent recycled materials
- Black color scheme
- 73 x 28-inch approximate dimensions
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- Larger than a standard yoga mat
- Robust and strong
- It’s easy to carry and store
- Some materials are recycled
- Ideal for a range of exercises
- Expensive to buy
- ALL-IN-ONE Non-Slip Mat Towel with Grip.
- 75 x 30 Inches wide mat ensures comfort for people of all shapes and sizes.
- WAYmats double as great beach,pool and park towels, pillows, blankets,bath mats and more.
- 100% Machine washable, Shrink resistant and flexible, Thicker than any towel and can be used in place of a regular yoga mat - soft on the body and joints.
If you’re looking for a yoga exercise mat to take your workout to the next level comfortably, then let WAYmat deliver. As a towel mat, it differs from a regular exercise mat in many ways. It has a funky pink and gray color scheme, non-slip design, and shrink-resistant materials. What’s more, it’s easy to clean since you can put it in your washing machine. Use it as an exercise mat or beach towel, and enjoy how much versatility it has. It’s even quite large at 75 x 30 inches, making it ideal for a range of activities. Even though some people say it doesn’t come with the straps as shown in the picture, it’s a wonderful option for many all the same.
- Non-slip design
- Towel mat style
- Pink and gray color scheme
- 75 x 30 inches
- It’s comfortable to use
- Easy to clean
- Ideal for use as a beach towel
- It doesn’t slip around
- Generous size
- Funky color scheme
- Competitive price tag
- It doesn’t come with straps as shown in the picture
Gorilla Mats Premium Exercise Mats
If you’re serious about results, no matter what your goals may be, then you’re going to need some space. Increase your stretching range of motion, perform plyometrics without any holding back, do p90x, lift weights and more with the Gorilla Mats Exercise Mat. It’s also a great option for those who are particularly tall and have challenges finding mats that fit them. No matter if you’re using the mat over tile, hardwood or carpet, you never have to worry about it moving from the position you place it in. The double-sided model provides a great amount of traction on the flooring and with your shoes, so your risk of injury is greatly decreased. With the high level of traction, you’ll also spend less time repositioning the mat. Comprised of professional-grade materials, it’s as tough as can be, so you can use it with your shoes on, with heavy-duty gym equipment and so on. Each one is non-toxic and odor-free so you can use it around kids and pets without worry. The thickly padded layer offers your joints and bones a comfortable barrier from the hard flooring below, making it perfect for yoga and stretching, as well as high-energy workouts. Overall, there’s no competition if you’re looking for size and impact absorption!
- Eco-friendly, durable construction
- Includes microfiber towel, two Velcro straps
- Incredibly durable
- Non-slip top and bottom
- Very large coverage area
- A bit more expensive than most
Rogue Individual Mat
With so many options to choose from currently, it’s difficult to choose the perfect exercise mat for your individual needs. The Rogue Individual Mat is made for athletes, by athletes, which is clear the first moment you use it. If you don’t need a ton of space, we’re confident in saying that you can’t get better than the Rogue Individual Mat. While it does have a higher price tag than most, thanks to the extreme durability and top-notch quality, it will outlast any other, too. While the looks of your gym equipment may not mean that much to you, it’s also the one of the most visually captivating mats available. You have your choice between a sophisticated Black or an iron-like Charcoal Gray. No matter which one you decide on, it will come with the slightest bit of luster to lend to the industrial look. Made with high-performance foam, it provides just the right balance of cushion and fortitude to keep you fresh and fatigue-free. Covered in a tough slip-resistant vinyl, you don’t have to worry about your flooring becoming damaged, nor the mat moving around while in use. Once you’re finished, simply use the dynamic roll-up feature for easy transport and storage.
- Very easy to transport and stow away
- Perfect for tight spaces
- Visually pleasing
- Incredibly durable
- Higher price tag than most
- Not ideal for workouts that require a lot of space
BalanceFrom GoYoga Mat
If you’re trying to keep costs low and need something with an extremely reasonable price tag, it’s hard not to go with the BalanceFrom GoYoga Mat. Despite being so incredibly affordable, it is sturdy, comfortable, and easy to transport. Coming in colors like Grey, Blue, Pink, Red and more, you can choose the one that suits your personality or home gym décor best. No matter which one you pick, it’ll be made with ¼” high-density, eco-friendly material. This is one of the thinner mats on our guide, but still works great in cushioning the spine, hips, knees, hands and more. Featuring double-sided, non-slip surfaces, it will enable you to exercise freely and vigorously without risk of injury or instability. Moreover, you can use it with or without your shoes due to how tough it is. The moisture-resistant technology prevents sweat from being absorbed, while making it easy to clean with soap and water. With the inclusion of straps, you can seamlessly have it rolled up and ready to go in just seconds. Covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee and 2-year warranty, you’ve got the freedom to try it out and make sure it is the one for you!
- Very easy to transport
- Perfect for tight spaces
- Comes in various color options
- Soft yet durable
- Non-slip dual sides
- Not the biggest mat
TOPLUS Non-Slip Yoga Mat
While it’s not quite as cheap as the previous mat, the TOPLUS Non-Slip Yoga Mat is still a very budget-friendly option. Not to mention, it’s also one of the most unique-looking products, coming in colors/patterns like Suede Print, Rainbow, Malus Spectabilis, Phoenix, and more. Available in either ¼” and 1/8” thicknesses, each one is made of a new material called “PER” (Polymer Environmental Resin), which is a non-toxic form of PVC and one of the healthiest choices currently on the market. Not only is it non-toxic, but free of phthalates as well. This is not only ideal for your personal use, but for use around children and/or pets. The surface of the TOPLUS mat is unlike any other, featuring a gravel-like texture with a sticky surface to eliminate any chance of slipping and sliding around, allowing you to focus 100% on your workout. This mat is comparatively thinner than some of the other models presented here. However, it still offers a solid amount of cushion for your knees, elbows and joints while giving you the grip you need for floor work and yoga. Due to its relative thinness, as you can imagine, it’s very lightweight and easy to carry, made even more convenient with an included carrying strap.
- Very easy to transport
- Perfect for smaller spaces
- Comes in various colors/patterns
- Unique grippy surface
- Very affordable
- Not ideal for high-impact exercises
HemingWeigh Extra Thick Foam Exercise Mat
Are you searching for a mat that will stay in place but offers enough cushion for high-intensity workouts? Then you have to check out the HemingWeigh Extra Thick Foam Exercise Mat. This mat is made up of a lush, thick foam that you’ll feel very comfortable on. Despite being so soft, you can jump around on it with shoes on, and it won’t fray, rip or tear. Backed with a 2-year warranty, you can count on it holding up well. If you’re a taller person or just need more room for stretches, yoga, lunges, or other movement-focused exercises, then you’ll be able to take advantage of its extra-long length. For more intense workouts, you’ll love the double-sided, non-slip surfaces which create a nice amount of traction for optimal grip and safety. No matter what your needs are, the HemingWeigh Extra Thick Foam Mat has you well-protected and comfortable. Even though it’s a bit bulkier than similar-looking models due to the added thickness, it’s still easy to transport with the integrated self-strapping system. Thanks to this design, you also don’t run the risk of losing track of the straps if you’re someone who regularly brings your mat with you outside of your home.
- Very easy to transport
- Perfect for smaller spaces
- Soft and cushy thick padding
- Very affordable
- Not ideal for those who prefer thinner mats
Rep Exercise Mat
Being on a budget doesn’t mean you have to compromise quality. While there isn’t a huge selection of options that can balance the two factors well, the Rep Exercise Mat does it perfectly. Despite being so affordable, the mat is surprisingly tough and made so well that there have even been numerous professional athletes praising it. As you can see at first glance, they look very much like those found in commercial gyms. As those mats are made to be able to hold up to constant tough usage, you know you’ll be able to use yours for years without compromising its integrity. Tumbling, stretching, lifting weights, planks and more are all facilitated with the Rep mat. This product is perfect for those users that are exercising in a limited space, but still want a thick, comfortable mat to work with. The plush mat forms to your body’s shape while still offering a solid amount of support and impact absorption from plyometrics. Covered in a durable vinyl material, you can work out with full confidence and energy knowing that it isn’t going to rip or tear. You can use it with or without shoes and it will hold up well either way.
- Very easy to transport
- Extremely affordable
- Versatile performance
- Durable interior and vinyl cover
- Not very large
- FIT YOUR WORKOUT IN ANYTIME, ANYWHERE: The foundation of your home gym, the TRX Training Mat enables you to comfortably fit your workout in anytime, anywhere.
- PERFECT FOR MULTIPLE USES: Perform floor exercises including sit-ups, push-ups, burpees or TRX planks on the TRX Training Mat.
- PROVIDES CUSHION AND STABILITY: The TRX Training Mat cushions hard training surfaces, and adds stability to safely and effectively perform exercises, even on carpet.
- PORTABLE AND EASY TO STORE: The TRX Training Mat is lightweight and rolls up into an easy to transport workout surface. Ideal for use at the park, office or wherever your training takes you. Store the Mat rolled up or by using it's top holes that make it easy hang.
- THE TRX MANIFESTO: As the leaders in functional training, our mission is to empower you in your pursuit of better. We've developed the world's best training equipment, workout programs, and education courses to help you push, pull, squat and lunge your way to a better version of yourself.
Chances are you either use TRX or have at least heard of them. Known for their innovation and high level of quality, their training mat is outstanding. Performing just as well during floorwork as high-energy applications, you can use it for all your exercise needs. While they are made to a super high quality out of premium materials, these mats are very affordable. If you’re looking to save some money, then this is one of the best options for you. You can really put this one through the ringer with shoes on, and even months later it will look brand new. Designed for a diverse range of gym uses, it will also stay firmly in place when you’re pushing it at an angle. The lush foam provides ample support for joints and bones while still being comfortable for hands and feet. Offering much more support and padding than carpet, it won’t slip and slide around. However, it is worth keeping in mind that this mat is not as suitable for hardwood floors. If you need a mat that can go everywhere you do, you’ll appreciate how easy it is to roll up and carry with you. At home, take advantage of the holes in the top and hang it on the wall!
- Very lightweight and easy to transport
- Durable and soft foam construction
- Lays flat, even after being rolled up
- Isn’t 100% slip-free on hardwood
How To Choose A Good Exercise Mat
Before you start the purchasing process of a new exercise mat, it’s a good idea to think about what you want in one, versus what a manufacturer is offering. By doing this, you can increase your chances of having a mat that meets the mark for your needs. Each exercise or yoga mat for sale is different, which can make it quite tricky to buy the best one for your needs the first time around. However, if you read these considerations below, you can have a fair idea of what to look out for before you hit the buy now button.
First and foremost, it’s essential to establish the type of workout you will be doing with your exercise mat. Some are better suited to particular exercises than others. Some are suitable for yoga, while others are more versatile for a broad range of activities. Read through the manufacturer description to establish what your new workout mat is going to be ideal for.
The dimensions of an exercise or yoga mat matter more than you might think. If it’s too small, it can limit what you can use it for. If it’s too big, it’s not practical for classes with limited space, or small spaces in your home environment. Read through the dimensions carefully, particularly of mats that piece together like a puzzle. Most tend to be at least six feet long and two feet wide, but they can differ. The dimensions also matter when you’re thinking about the thickness of the mat, too. Make sure you pay attention to this part of the dimensions. There can then be no excuse for a review being left that says it’s smaller than the buyer thought it would be.
The padding thickness differs from one mat to the next, and can even differ depending on what the mat is for. Exercise mats for kids tend to have far thicker padding than those made for adults. That’s because some kids like to tumble around, or their exercises call for sitting, standing, and moving a lot. The padding level of yoga mats tends to be a lot less than other mats. Given that you need to be more balanced and in touch with the ground, there is often a lot to be said for “less is more” in this instance. Before you buy a new mat, check the manufacturer listed dimensions on the padding thickness. Most are between an inch and three inches.
Believe it or not, the foam type can be different in each exercise mat across the board. Some manufacturers are trying to be eco-friendly and adopt practices that allow the use of recycled materials. Others are more interested in robustness, so they use special foam that’s designed to last the distance. If foam in a mat isn’t going to have a cover on the top of it, then it’s often fitted with an anti-skid layer on the top, too. This stops the mat from moving around while you’re exercising.
When you’re exercising, it’s not uncommon to work up a sweat. After all, it’s your body’s natural cooling process. However, if your mat isn’t easy to clean, or doesn’t have an easy-care cover, then it can become a breeding ground for bacteria. If this concerns you, consider investing in a vinyl-covered mat that’s easy to wipe down. Otherwise, you can buy towel mats that you can put in your washing machine, as well.
Many people buy an exercise mat to use in a class. To get to the class, they have to travel with their mat. If you buy a mat that doesn’t fold or roll, then how on earth are you going to get it there conveniently? That’s why one of the most important considerations, before you buy a new mat, is its portability. Most yoga and exercise mats are portable in two ways. They roll up and have a strap or two to put around them, or they fold and have carry handles. The foldable variety tends to fold into three or four sections, and have two carry handles – one at each end. Others roll up and then have velcro tabs to secure them in place. If you only intend to use your mat at home, then this point doesn’t matter, but there’s a high likelihood that it might.
The price tag of an exercise mat is essential because there’s a delicate balance between quality and value. In the case of many products, you pay more to get a better-quality product. That isn’t always true in the case of a mat for exercise. Sometimes, you can spend very little and get a mat that serves its purpose well. Therefore, it’s a good idea to narrow down your options based on how much you want to spend. You can then work out what features each mat has, and what will work for you. Sometimes, the highest-quality mat is not suitable for your needs, but one that costs less and tends to have less “frills” is a better option.
Believe it or not, many mats can be advertised as exercise mats, but they are better suited for a different type of exercise. You can put exercise mats into three categories – yoga, pilates, and exercise. Yoga mats are generally the thinnest of the three and have a thickness of about ¼-1/8-inch. The mat often has a bumpy texture to grip to the floor and doesn’t have much padding. Pilates mats, on the other hand, are a bit thicker and have cushioning around your back and hip region. A pilates mat should be no thinner than a half-inch, and the “sweet spot” is one inch. Such a mat should also be quite firm, as you will need more stability during balance exercises. Exercise mats, designed for a range of exercises, tend to be the thickest with the most padding. They provide cushioning above your hard floor and allow you to work with exercise equipment and your body comfortably. Most people prefer exercise mats between 1.5 and 2 inches. The thicker the mat, the more likely it can absorb sweat and stop it from going through to the floor.
Why Buy an Exercise Mat?
You might be wondering why you need to buy a mat for exercise when you could just use your floor. There are many benefits associated with the use of mats. Repetitive exercise on the carpet can cause rashes and blisters. Smooth flooring, on the other hand, can become slippery with sweat or water. Hard flooring can also be hard on joints, meaning you give up on exercise due to discomfort, rather than being tired. The best thing you can do for your body during exercise is invest in a comfortable, supportive, and convenient mat.