- 1 1. Lululemon Run All Day Backpack II
- 2 2. Vera Bradley Lighten Up Ultimate Gym Bag
- 3 3. Nike Training Backpack
- 4 4. Adidas Studio Hybrid Tote
- 5 5. Lululemon Go Getter Gym Bag For Women
- 6 6. Herschel Supply Co. Strand Duffle Bag
- 7 7. Thule Sub Terra Convertible Duffle Bag
- 8 8. Vooray Stride Cinch Top Backpack for women
- 9 9. Adidas Squad 3 Duffle Bag
- 10 10. The North Face Mini Crevasse Backpack
The girl who is going to workout at the gym still remains a girl. She wants to be beautiful and stylish always.
Therefore, for a trip to the hall, you need to choose a beautiful, stylish and at the same time practical best gym bags for women.
Like a portable filing cabinet for your workout gear, the best gym bag for women holds everything you need, plus a few things you might need (and plenty that you don’t). And, it holds all of your things just the way you like it. Some of us are happy tossing everything into one big compartment, while others prefer to live life a bit more compartmentalized with pouches, zippered pockets, and dividers galore. Same with style: For every backpack wearer, there’s a messenger, tote, or duffle devotee.
No matter your style or sport, there’s a bag out there for you. So we scoured reviews and found the best gym bags for women. Here’s a list of our go-to totes, duffles, backpacks, and more.
We bring to your attention the best gym bags for women.
1. Lululemon Run All Day Backpack II
- This lightweight backpack is perfect for short runs, hikes, and commutes.
- Quick-access phone pocket helps keep you connected. Pockets on the harness for easy access to gels.
- 360° Reflectivity Helps to keep you bright in low light. Includes seperate bag for shoes or wet items.
This lightweight backpack is the perfect gym bag for those who aren’t fans of cross-body bags and totes. Easy to take along for your commute, this backpack has waistband straps to keep your bag on you at all times, whether you’re running or biking to work. It also has a side pocket, where you can stash your water bottle and a sleeve on the inside for storing your phone and wallet.
One reviewer writes, “I bought this bag because of its smaller than average size for my commute to work. I run to work one day a week, but I ended up using it as an every day bag. It’s light and extremely comfortable to wear. It stretches to fit a surprising amount.”
2. Vera Bradley Lighten Up Ultimate Gym Bag
- Lighten Up fabrication is lightweight, durable and water-repellent
- Specially treated lining to resist odors
- Exterior features six pockets (including four zip pockets, a slip pocket with a magnetic closure and a zip shoe compartment)
Keep your shoes separate from the rest of your gear with with a dedicated compartment on the side. Though it has the look and feel of cotton canvas, this bag is actually made of water-resistant polyester, ensuring all your stuff stays dry, no matter the conditions.
One Amazon reviewer raves, “Perfect size for a weekend bag, with more pockets than I can use. The separate space for shoes was a selling point as I run and don’t like to stick sweaty/funky shoes in with everything else.”
3. Nike Training Backpack
If a heavy load does a number on your shoulders, look no further than this Nike backpack, which has a padded back and shoulder straps to make it more comfortable for carrying. You can keep your laptop separated from your workout shoes and clothing, thanks to the interior sleeve. And, the small front zipped pocket is great for storing small essentials.
One Nike reviewer writes, “I love this backpack! It has many zippers and places to put things. It has two side pockets that can be used to hold drinks. The main pocket is very big and spacious and holds my books and laptop comfortably.”
4. Adidas Studio Hybrid Tote
- Lifetime warranty - built to last
- Exterior zipped hot tools pocket to stash your straightening or curling iron - up to 400 degrees!
- Great interior organization with padded interior tablet pocket
Its trim look stands out in a crowd of slouchy bags, but otherwise this carrier simply does its job. An outer zippered pocket keeps your keys at the ready, while the inner pockets hold your toiletries and wallet so you can grab them easily. Otherwise, the inner space is devoted to your gear. And the shoulder straps are a comfortable longer length.
An Amazon reviewer writes, “This is the perfect gym bag for me. It fits my shoes (not a separate compartment, but I knew that when I purchased it). It fits a pair of Uggs and my clothes when I changed. There’s was also a special pouch just for a tablet!”
5. Lululemon Go Getter Gym Bag For Women
Laptop pocket, check. Heat-resistant pocket for your hair straightener, check. Exterior pocket for sweaty gear, check. Big hauling capacity, double-check. The 17 x 9 x 12-inch dimensions let you pack everything you’ll need for a weekend destination race and still carry the bag comfortably over your shoulder.
6. Herschel Supply Co. Strand Duffle Bag
Canadian bag company Herschel gives you the ability to release the snap-down sides for a few more inches of room when you need to squeeze in shoes or other bulky items. A convenient pocket makes organizing all your stuff super easy.
A Nordstrom reviewer says she likes to use it as a carry-on for traveling: “I bought this bag as a carry-on for a European trip. It was perfect: lightweight, big enough to carry all the things I needed for a long flight, and easy to fit in an overhead bin. The outside pockets allow you to stash things you need at the ready.”
7. Thule Sub Terra Convertible Duffle Bag
- Pack easily and more efficiently with the help of the Thule® Subterra Duffel 45L. Your next adventure whether it's great or small will be one for the books with this durable and dependable duffel at your side.
This 40-liter-capacity nylon bag, shaped like an elongated diamond, does double duty as a weekend-getaway bag, with space for a few outfits, or your bike clothes and helmet, towel, and toiletries. If you need a little more space, unsnap the sides to unfurl bonus capacity. Plus there are carry handles and a detachable shoulder strap.
8. Vooray Stride Cinch Top Backpack for women
- CONVENIENT CINCH CLOSURE: Pull the drawstring at the top tight in order to cinch the Stride shut. Its cinch closure gives you greater carrying capacity, letting you hold more in your sackpack.
- VERSATILE: The Stride can be used as a gym, beach, or travel bag. Store your workout equipment or shoes inside. Use it to pack a towel and some sunscreen. You can even use it as an overnight bag!
- DURABLE: Whether you're working out at the gym or playing sports, this sack will be there for you. The exterior and interior are made from easy-to-clean, durable nylon that is weather resistant.
This $25 bag has a lot of nice features: padded straps, an inner pocket, lots of space, and a cool vibe. If you’re tempted to change your bag every few months, this might be the pack of your dreams—at least this month.
An Amazon reviewer writes, “The main area of the bag is deep enough that things don’t fall out when I set it down. I like it for a diaper bag because it isn’t so bulky. It is also perfect for hiking or other adventures when you need your hands free.”
9. Adidas Squad 3 Duffle Bag
- Lifetime warranty - built to last
- Roomy main compartment with zippered pockets for organization, as well as a zippered exterior small slip pocket for the small stuff
- Adjustable shoulder strap - so you can wear it at the length that works for you
Some gym bags for women don’t pretend to be anything else: The Squad 3 is one such honest broker. It looks exactly like what it is: an awesome locker-room valet. A side-accessible pocket will swallow your muddy shoes, a mesh pocket on the other side holds your drink, and the capacious inner area takes care of everything else.
One Amazon reviewer says, “There are multiple compartments for your small items, dirty clothes, sneakers, and clean clothes. There is also ventilation on the side pocket for your sneakers and dirty clothes.”
10. The North Face Mini Crevasse Backpack
Whether you’re going out for hike or running errands, this lightweight backpack is perfect for storing all of your essentials into one compact bag. It features two compartments: One is padded so you can keep your laptop safe, and the other compartment is spacious enough to fit your gym clothes, sneakers, and shower essentials. The front also has two large zipped pockets, where you can store things you need at the ready, like your keys, wallet, phone, and protein bars.
A Nordstrom reviewer raves, “This is a great backpack! I’m a mother of two, so I use it to put water bottles, snacks, jackets, my phone, wallet keys, etc. The back and straps are padded so it doesn’t hurt your back or shoulders if you carry it for long periods of time. The perfect size to comfortably move around all day.”