Studies show that spinning for 45 minutes can help you burn over 500 calories. One of the home gym equipment that you should, therefore, consider buying is a magnetic resistance spin bike. This type of spinning bike comes with a lot of benefits as it operates smoothly, whisper-quiet and requires just a little maintenance. The wide range of resistance settings means that you can make the workout to be more challenging. Unfortunately, choosing a magnetic belt drive bike can be a tough decision. With the wide range of stationary bikes available with different features and at different prices, it may be hard making a decision. Fortunately, we have created a guide that will help you make the right decision. Here is our list of the best magnetic resistance indoor cycles.
Best Magnetic Resistance Spin Bikes
- Bundle Includes: Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle, Floor Mat, Media Tray, Stretch Pads, Polar Heart Rate Monitor, M Series Assembly and Maintenance Kit and Gel Seat Cover!
- Industry’s First V-Shape Frame: Enables M3i to mimic different road-bike frames by allowing seat and handlebars to be raised in conjunction to accommodate riders of all sizes, from 4’10”–7’ tall
- Bluetooth-enabled Interactive Cycling: Riders can connect to the Keiser M Series app and train with real-time graphs for power and heart rate, cadence range dials, FTP zones and more for a limitless array of workouts
Keiser has made a name for the past 20 years when it comes to the manufacture of indoor cycles. The Keiser M3i indoor cycle is a bike made in America and boasts of being the first bike with a V frame. This makes it possible for the bike to mimic various frames of road bikes as the handlebars and seat can be raised to suit the needs of various riders. With the Keiser M3i indoor cycle, you can enjoy Bluetooth-enabled interactive cycling. The stationary bike also comes with a flywheel mounted at the rear to ensure that the key components of the bike are protected from sweat. The M3i has a pre-tensioned design of the belt so that it doesn’t require any adjustment and the drive-train doesn’t need any maintenance apart from the routine checks.
- Smooth & whisper quiet
- Bluetooth enabled computer
- Adjustable handlebars and seat (wide range)
- Ability to adjust the resistance level
- Multiple handlebar positions
- Integrated on-board computer
- 44 POUND FLYWHEEL: 44-pound heavy duty flywheel ensures stability to avoid jolting while riding. Emergency push down brake stops the wheel immediately for safety
- ASSEMBLED DIMENSIONS: 48.5L X 24W X 53.5H in | Product weight: 135.58 lb
- MAGNETIC RESISTANCE: When increasing the pedal resistance, the magnets move closer to the flywheel, creating tension. Magnetic resistance is virtually no maintenance and the tension is easily adjustable
The Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1714 is an indoor cycle that has been designed for maximum stability. The magnetic resistance allows you to increase the tension using a resistance control knob. It has a smooth and silent belt drive mechanism. What is even better is that the system requires low maintenance. The stationary bike is made with heavy duty steel and has a maximum user weight of 330 pounds. The fully adjustable seat means you can move it in 4 different directions to meet your need. This is on top of the fact that the seat is padded and can be adjusted for multiple bike riders.
- Solid and sturdy construction
- Very quiet
- Comfortable and adjustable seat
- Easy to assemble
- Doesn’t wobble at all
- Impeccable fit and finish
- Console not included
- Notice: L NOW and pooboo are both our brand. Some bikes' logo has been updated to "pooboo"
- Weight Capacity: Up to 300 lbs. Intended to be used on the hard flat floor. Measures: 50.4 x 57.3 x 21.6 inches (W x H x D) and Weights 66.2 pounds
- Fashion Design: Very quiet while working and distinctive as decoration and can be moved with the included transportation wheels
According to a scholarly article, the construction of your bike will determine its effectiveness. When you have a quiet and smooth indoor bike, you can be assured of a smoother ride experience. The L NOW upright exercise bike offers just that; its belt drive system and magnetic level will ensure that you do not bother anyone. The magnetic exercise bike comes with a holder where you can place your smartphone, iPad or notebook while exercising as well as transportation wheels for ease of movement. The stationary bike features handlebars that are designed to provide comfort during your workout especially the standing sprint. You can position the hand bars to fit your body size or workout intensity. It also has an LCD screen that monitors distance, speed, calories, time, heart rate and much more. The tough pedals are quite significant when it comes to comfort and safety.
- Super quiet and smooth ride
- Hand pulse sensors to measure your heart rate
- 8 level magnetic tension control
- Easily adjustable
- Unsuitable for tough resistance
- HEAVY-DUTY FLYWHEEL: Intensify cardio w/ 44 pounds Flywheel. Strengthen your legs with a higher weighted wheel and enjoy an incredibly smooth, nearly silent and stable ride.
- FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE: 4-way adjustable seat & handlebar proper form and a perfect fit. Steel toe-cage pedals designed w/ adjustable straps. Inseam: Min: 28" / Max: 38".
- TABLET HOLDER: Improve your fitness experience by securely placing your phone or tablet in the tablet holder.
The Sunny SF-B1805 is the right magnetic belt drive spin bike for a high-intensity cardio workout. The bike creates an extremely silent and smooth ride that will help you achieve a better metabolic and cardio fitness routine. The exercise bike has 4 ways adjustable handlebars that come with a tablet holder. The magnetic resistance provides a fast, easy and reliable change to the level of resistance. It comes with a 44 lb flywheel that ensures a smooth ride. It has been engineered for stability and speed and the flywheel will create some more momentum for a longer period of time. The adjustable floor leveler that is situated at the bottom is well leveled at the floor. It also comes with a bottle holder that will help you to stay hydrated during your workout.
- Transportation wheels
- Tablet/phone holder that is conveniently located
- Four-way adjustable handlebars and seat (up/down – forward/backward)
- Smooth and super quiet ride
- A heavy duty frame that can support up to 300 lb
- Toe-caged pedals with adjustable straps to secure your feet in place
- Solid and sturdy
- Heavy exercise bike
- MAGNETIC RESISTANCE CONTROL SYSTEM: Virtually no maintenance, adjustable resistance creates an unbelievably smooth ride creating multiple levels of riding for enthusiasts of all levels.
- INSEAM HEIGHT: Max 36.6 inches. We've enlarged 5cm for both handlebar and seat tube. So its max is 36.6 in. It will perfectly match most people.
- STURDY STEEL FRAME &EASY TRANSPORTATION: The max weight capacity of this bike is up to 287lbs. Transportation wheels for easy portability, no need for heavy lifting or muscle strain. Making your home into your own fitness studio.
SNODE 8731 is a stationary indoor spinning bike with magnetic resistance and a solid construction for a professional level cardiovascular training at home. It comes with an LCD display panel and a tablet/smartphone holder. It has an average customer rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars by 136 users at the time of this product review.
Snode 8731 doesn’t need much in terms of maintenance thanks to its adjustable magnetic resistance control that also ensures a smooth and quiet ride. It offers different riding levels for beginners, intermediate and advanced level fitness enthusiasts. It weighs 90.4 pounds and measures 43.1 x 8.9 x 33.9 inches. The maximum inseam height is 36.6 inches (for the saddle) and the maximum height for the handle is 46.5 inches. Both of these values are about two inches more than before, to be able to match people of different heights.
This modern spin bike has a robust steel frame and is made of good quality components overall and can carry a maximum total user weight of 287 pounds. It is not a foldable bike but offers easy portability with the transportation wheels at the front. So you’re saved from any heavy lifting or burden on your joints or muscles. The smart digital display shows you the current distance and speed in miles instead of km that you may find on other bike models on the market. Then you have the calories burned, time exercised, odometer and pulse rate via the sensors on the handles.
It comes with a red water bottle to help keep you hydrated during your workout and you don’t have to dismount your bike to get some water. It is a fully customizable model with the handlebar adjustable up and down and the saddle up, down, forward and back (four ways) to suit users of different heights. With the belt drive mechanism, a decent size 35 lb. flywheel and magnetic resistance it runs rather quietly and smoothly. The Snode 8731 is an indoor bike with more challenge and intensity and will help you burn more calories and fat efficiently.
When you adjust the handlebar and the seat the distance between the two should be the length of your forearm. You’ll be able to change the resistance levels reliable and fast quickly and reliably. The pulse sensors are located ergonomically to show your pulse rate directly on the digital display. The anti-slip pedals have the straps that will help lock your feet in place- they are not clip-on pedals with the SPD clips but are compatible with the 9/16” SPD clips.
The other two Snode model spin bikes, the 8722 has a 30lb. Flywheels and the 8729 has a 40lb. flywheel. This is a very nice indoor bike that will help you lose weight and tone your lower body muscles without being a burden on your knees. With a great commercial level spin bike feel you may feel like you’re working out in a fitness studio. It is well worth looking into if you are on the market for a quality bike with good customer support. The company offers 100% customer satisfaction by getting back to your requests within 16 hours and the warranty is 18 months for the parts replacements, for a total of 3 years of warranty.
Difference Between the Magnetic and Friction Resistance
Frictional resistance is the force made by two bodies when they interlock between two symmetrical rough surfaces. Magnetic force, on the other hand, is produced by a magnetic field that is well defined. The force is usually perpendicular to a magnetic field. The goal of the magnetic resistance is to overcome all the drawbacks of friction resistance. In a magnetic resistance bike, when the flywheel turns, it passes through a field of 2 magnets, causing the resistance on the flywheel. In order to vary resistance, the magnets are drawn closer or away from the flywheel. Unlike friction resistance, magnetic resistance doesn’t produce noise, requires little maintenance and is harder to rest. This makes it a better option as compared to its counterpart.
Features to Consider when Buying a Magnetic Spin Bike
In order to get the best magnetic bike, you need to consider several factors when choosing these types of stationary bikes. These include:
It is important to choose a bike that has a decent frame that is easy to adjust as this will enable multifunctional use. In case the frame is unable to adjust, the bike may not be in a position to fit everyone and it will be a complete waste of money.
Easy to assemble
It can be hard to assemble the cycle in case you do not have the right tools and the right skills. This is why you need to choose one that can be easily assembled. There are some intricate bikes that may need an expert and this is why it is necessary to consider the cycle’s value before you engage an expert to help you assemble.
Many of the indoor cycles do not have a console. But this doesn’t mean that the console is not necessary for the home bike. The role of the console is to help you track important statistics and also monitor things such as the heart rate. This will ensure that you get the most out of your workout.
The frame and its stability will determine how long it will last. A bike with a good frame will be in a position to last longer.
There are two types of drive systems for spinning bikes. While the chain drive system is quite effective, it also requires a lot of maintenance. The belt system is usually quieter and more durable.