It doesn’t matter how many weightlifting exercises you know or how much weight you can lift. Without a decent Olympic weight set, you’ll never be able to set up a successful home gym. You might even see your gains slipping away! The most crucial component of an Olympic weight set is undoubtedly an Olympic Weight Bench. We’ve tested out many of the industry’s finest weightlifting benches and have come up with this top three list for your easy reference.
- 5-POSITION ADJUSTABLE BACK PAD – The Competitor Olympic Bench has a multi-position back pad that can be altered to suit your workout routine. It features independent, adjustable-height crutches with quick-release pop-pin knobs to help you find your ideal position. Perform many different training exercises with the bench’s various configurations, such as chest, decline, military, and incline lifting positions.
- DUAL-FUNCTION LEG DEVELOPER – This bench has a dual-action leg developer to boost your lower body. It also comes with padded foam rollers for maximum comfort on your ankles and knees.
- HIGH-DENSITY FOAM PADDING – Marcy’s Competitor Bench is made with thick 2-inch pads to let you exercise comfortably. It also supports the body to reduce muscle fatigue during workouts. The foam padding boasts outstanding stability, endures a lot of pressure, and is guaranteed to resist heavy lifting.
The sleek and minimalist design of this weight bench belies its multi-functionality. In fact, it is simply the finest example of the modern weightlifting bench and is excellent value for money.
A lot of thought has gone into designing this weight bench and optimizing it for weightlifters of all shapes and sizes. The adjustable weight catches are the best example of this. Those of us with slightly shorter arms often have to stretch our arms to breaking point just to lift the barbell off the catches while doing bench presses on conventional benches. These adjustable catches allow you to perform this most quintessential of weightlifting exercises a lot more comfortably. The adjustable back pad, with five different adjustment points, also allows you to challenge your muscles from different angles. Switch up your workout by doing an incline or decline bench press – your muscles are sure to explode!
This Olympic weight bench scores top marks for sturdiness. Right out of the box, we knew we had a winner. Everything about this Competitor product, from the heavy-gauge steel tubes to the firm contoured foam rollers, spells quality. While most of its rivals have weight capacities hovering around the 300 or 400 pound mark, this bench can take an incredible 600 pounds of weight – and that’s a conservative estimate. Without a doubt, this bench will be able to take as much punishment as you can throw at it. It’s a great investment!
- PREMIUM STEEL CONSTRUCTION – Constructed from rugged, foam, and vinyl to provide sturdy exercise gear for long usage, the surge bench is safe and comfortable. The construction is compact and stabilized to provide optimal support for daily workouts!
- ASSEMBLED DIMENSIONS: 80"L x 47.5"W x 60"H
- MAX CAPACITY: Maximum weight capacity - 600lb (include user’s weight) | Maximum user weights - 300lb | Maximum user weights - 300lb | Maximum on Bar Catch - 300lb
This Marcy Diamond Olympic weight set is popular among professional athletes and it’s not tough to see why. It’s not only affordable, but boasts some useful and unique features that are sure to elevate your training regimen to the next level.
Chief among these is the preacher curl pad. The preacher curl is the king of bicep exercises, completely isolating your biceps to help develop that full, rounded bicep peak you’ve been lusting after. This Marcy Diamond product includes both the curl pad and the curl bar. Load it up and you’re good to go.
We also love the adjustable seat pad which can be adjusted using a slide-track mechanism. In order for us to adopt the correct posture while lifting weights, we need to ensure our legs as well as our back are properly positioned. The seat pad ensures that lifters of all heights will be able to use this Olympic weight bench comfortably.
Best Fitness Olympic Bench
The “best value” award definitely goes to this popular bench from Best Fitness.
At this price, you won’t find many weightlifting benches which include a leg developer attachment. Best Fitness has optimized the pivot mechanism to ensure you can get a full range of motion when doing leg extensions of hamstring curls, allowing users to get the most out of every rep. The attachment does not get in your way when you’re doing upper-body exercises, so there’s no need to go through the hassle of detaching and reattaching it.
This Olympic weightlifting bench is also very long-lasting. While many manufacturers choose to cut corners on the back pad and foam rollers, resulting in unsightly peeling and flaking within a few months of use, Best Fitness has demonstrated its trademark attention to detail, resulting in a bench that will easily last a few years with regular maintenance. It’s a fantastic long-term investment.
If you’re thinking of building a home gym, an Olympic weight set should be your first priority. You can’t go wrong with an Olympic weight bench from this list!