- 1 Best Power Racks
- 2 1. Marcy Home Gym Cage System Workout Station
- 3 2. Fitness Reality 810XLT Super Max Power Cage
- 4 3. REP FITNESS PR-1100 POWER RACK
- 5 4. CAP Barbell 6′ Full Cage Power Rack
- 6 5. TITAN T-2 Series Short Power Rack Squat Deadlift Cage
- 7 6. Merax Athletics Fitness Power Rack
- 8 7. Sunny Health & Fitness Power and Squat Rack
- 9 FAQs About Squat Racks
- 10 Conclusion
If you were to choose just one exercise to do for the rest of your life, for maximum benefits, it would be the squat. The squat works just about every major muscle group in your body.
It boosts raw strength in the entire rear chain of your body, and can work both quick and slow twitch muscle fibers. However, for maximum benefits you want to squat more than just your body weight.
To perform weighted squats as safely and as effective as possible, you need a squat rack. To make your choice easy we researched the top squat racks available so you don’t have to. Let’s get started!
Best Power Racks
1. Marcy Home Gym Cage System Workout Station
- High and low pulley position for upper and lower body exercises
- Adjustable height chromed dip handles
- Wide grip pull-up handles
If you’re serious about bodybuilding, weightlifting, and strength training in general, then check out the Marcy MWM-7041 Home Gym Cage System.
Often noted as the best squat rack available, it is made to take regular abuse but will make sure you’re safe while working out. This full-body system is so much more than just your commercial gym’s squat rack.
Featuring solid steel construction, you can expect this beauty to last you years upon years of consistent use.
Reinforced with a powder coating, it doesn’t scratch, and won’t break down in humid environments. In fact, it even creates a 1:1 ratio of resistance from weights loaded on the sliding post.
If you’re limited on space, you’ll love this all-in-one station. You’ll be able to work out both your lower and upper body, thanks to the included high and low pulleys, lat bar, and tricep bar.
The higher pulley is perfect for performing exercises like crunches, lat pushdowns, and pull-downs.
When you incorporate both the push and pull-downs, you’ll hit all aspects of your latissimus dorsi, which can seriously strengthen and grow them to give you a V-shape if you’re a man and a tight waist if you’re a woman. The lower pulley is ideal for performing hip abductions, squats, and rows.
With an open cage design, there will be no limits as to what you can do. Incorporate kettlebells if you want; there’s no need to worry about hitting something.
With an additional dumbbell/kettlebell rack and weight plate storage, it’s perfect for smaller spaces!
Marcy Home Gym Cage System at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 56″L x 61″W x 85″H inches
- Weight Capacity: 300 pounds
- Weight Storage: Yes
- Other: Lat Bar, Shiver Bar, Dip Bars, Safety Bars
2. Fitness Reality 810XLT Super Max Power Cage
- Your purchase includes One Fitness Reality Super Max Power Cage with two chrome dual mounted safety bars and two chrome lock-on safety. Olympic bar, weight plates and bench are not included
- Cage dimensions – 50.5” L x 46.5” W x 83.5” H | Set up weight – 133.5 lbs. | Carton dimensions – 79” L x 13” W x 10” H | Carton weight – 148 lbs. | Weight capacity – 800 lbs. | Bar dimensions – 2” x 2”
- Ideal for squats, shrugs, chin ups/pull ups, incline/decline bench presses and other strength training exercises
As the best power rack, the Fitness Reality 810XLT Super Max Power Cage is here to impress. It’s hard to find a cage that can tolerate what this model can, supporting even the most intense weightlifting routines. Capable of working with over 20 exercises, you can work your entire body without feeling limited.
This model features a 2”x 2” tubular steel frame construction, made to be able to resist against up to a whopping 800 pounds.
The design is made to allow for wider lifters and extra workout space, providing easy side-to-side movement.
Coming with two chrome dual mounted safety bars and two chrome lock-on safety bars, you can rest assured you have your own personal “spotter” if you can’t quite complete the rep.
Adjustable to an impressive 19 different heights, you can feel confident knowing your squat rack will work perfectly with your individual height and body type.
Squats, curls, shrugs, pull-ups, flat bench presses, and more are all possible here, and you can always choose to add on optional cage attachments for things like dips.
However, due to the addition of the multi-position overhead chin-up, pull-up grip bars, you can work your upper body just as well as the lower.
Fitness Reality 810XLT Super Max Power Cage at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 50.5 x 46.5 x 83.5 inches
- Weight Capacity: 800 pounds
- Weight Storage: No
- Other: Chin-Up/Pull-Up Grip Bars, Safety Bars
3. REP FITNESS PR-1100 POWER RACK
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Each weight cage comes with an integrated pullup bar, (2) j-cups, and (2) full length safety bars. The PR-1100 is a safe, stable freestanding weight cage that does not need to be anchored to the floor. Floor anchor points are not included on this model. Please note that the bottom brackets have an improved design that no longer requires side plates.
- DESIGNED FOR HOME GYMS: At a total height of only 84 inches, the PR-1100 gives you maximum functionality in a package that fits in most home gym spaces. Now you can squat, press, and perform hundreds of other strength exercises in your home safely and effectively. Dimensions: 84” tall x 48” wide x 47.5” deep (84" is to top of pull-up bar, when mounted as shown in the photos, Top of uprights is 82" if you prefer to mount the pull-up bar upside down). Inside cage dimensions: 44” wide x 45.5” deep.
- ADVANCED FEATURES: We engineered our latest weight cage to have the features you need at the price you want. Where other manufacturers sacrifice quality and utility, we kept adding features to make our cage better! Extended safety bars, integrated multi-grip pullup unit, laser cut numbered uprights and tough, durable black powdercoat make this the highest quality and best value cage on the market.
The REP-FITNESS PR-1100 Power Rack is a beast of a machine sure to impress you and anyone else who comes across it. The best power cage is fully featured but listed at a surprisingly low price point for all it offers.
Giving you the ability to work both your upper and lower body, you’ll wonder why you didn’t jump on this deal sooner.
The Denver, Colorado company builds each one of their products with quality designed for modern training regimens, made to last through even the toughest workouts.
If you’re serious about setting new PRs, you won’t be disappointed with this compact model capable of supporting up to a huge 1000 pounds. Can you imagine how many exercises you can pull off with this?
Made with tough 14-gauge steel and a durable black powder coat, it not only looks cool – it’s made to hold up even in humid conditions and extreme temperatures. With double rear stability bars, you can lift with confidence, knowing you’ll be in safe hands.
First, you have the multi-grip pullup arch which lets you perform traditional, neutral, close-grip, and wide-grip pullups. You can even attach assistance bands if you’re not quite ready for full pullups on your own.
You can also choose to add on optional dip bars and a lat pull-down attachment. For the best power rack with lat pulldown options, look no further.
REP FITNESS PR-1100 POWER RACK at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 47.5 x 48 x 80.5 inches
- Weight Capacity: 1000 pounds
- Weight Storage: No
- Other: Safety Bars, Pull-Up Arch
4. CAP Barbell 6′ Full Cage Power Rack
- Solid steel construction
- Oversized tubing and powder-coated finish
- Safety features such as safety catches and floor attachments
The CAP Barbell Full Cage Power Rack is one of the most visually unique models, coming in Black with Red accents, Green, Red, and White.
You can truly choose one that suits your personality, making your home gym just a bit more special to you.
However, this best squat rack for home gyms is about so much more than just looks – you’re about to find out why.
Comprised of both 12-and-14-gauge steel tubing, it not only meets industry standards, but exceeds them. It’s actually a bit shocking how inexpensive it is when you take into consideration how well-built they’ve made it.
Available in both 6 or 7-foot heights, the rack is made to work with lifters of all heights and can be used with a wide array of exercises.
The safety catches and bars will make sure you don’t accidentally drop any weights on yourself, and that they’ll never roll away when set down.
We will mention that in comparison with most on our guide, this model is a bit more narrow than others, so just take this into consideration if you’re going to need more room.
This model is perfect if you’re looking for a well-made, basic cage that will accommodate pull-ups, squats, and more.
5. TITAN T-2 Series Short Power Rack Squat Deadlift Cage
Easily earning the title of “best workout station”, the TITAN FITNESS Short Power Rack T-2 Series is the most comprehensive design we’ve had the pleasure of using.
There are very few exercises you won’t be able to perform with this rack. If you’re looking for the perfect addition to a home gym with a low ceiling or a basement, then you can’t get better than this beast.
Featuring sturdy steel construction with a capacity of up to 700 pounds, this is an excellent investment if you’re serious about your health, body, looks, fitness goals, or all of the above.
However, it isn’t much of an investment when you take into consideration the low price point it’s placed at. No matter if you’re a complete newbie or a pro athlete – this squat rack will change your life.
Assembly is quite simple, coming with all hardware you’ll need, including J-hooks. No need to have a complete workout yourself just putting it together.
Coming with dedicated weight storage racks, if you’re limited on space, you’ll appreciate the extra organization and not have to worry about tripping over stray weights.
With an included pull-up bar and two dip bars, you can perform chin-ups, dips, curls, deadlifts, squats and more.
You can complete your back and biceps one day, chest and tris the next, and legs after that if you want for a traditional split or do full-body workouts; whatever suits your goals best!
TITAN T-2 Series Short Power Rack Squat Deadlift Cage at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 48 x 58 x 71.5 inches
- Weight Capacity: 700 pounds
- Weight Storage: Yes
- Other: Safety Bars, Dip Bars, Pull Up Bar, Weight Pegs
6. Merax Athletics Fitness Power Rack
- 💪 2"x 2" sturdy steel gauge and 4 solid steel chrome adjustable weight bar supports
- 💪 Built in pull up bar, safety spotter, lat pull down, and a low row attachment
- 💪 21 variable positions for bar supports ranging in height from 17.5” to 68”.
As the best home squat rack, the Merax Barbell Squat Rack is ideal for smaller spaces or if you’re just on the hunt for something basic yet versatile and reliable.
Coming in Black/Dark Red, it is a sleek and cool-looking addition to any existing gym. While it may not look that elaborate, you’ll be able to hit your upper body and lower body.
The rack features a 550-pound max load, which isn’t the most, but let’s be honest – most of us aren’t going to need more than that anyway.
You can adjust it starting from 43.5 inches all the way to 67.5 inches, which makes it even more convenient with lower ceilings. Considering its size, 550 pounds is actually pretty impressive.
With a 2-inch hole spacing on the uprights, you can adjust the spotter arms to perfectly suit your height depending on the exercise you’re doing.
Squats, flat/incline/decline bench presses, curls, shrugs – it doesn’t matter. Lift with confidence no matter which you’re trying to complete.
The dip station is also a valuable addition, and thanks to the non-slip rubber boots, the stand will always stay in place, never scratching your floor.
Finally, you’ll find dedicated weight pegs located out of the way of your work area, so you can safely store them without issue.
Merax Athletics Fitness Power Rack at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 43 x 47 x 85 inches
- Weight Capacity: 550 pounds
- Weight Storage: Yes
- Other: Weight Pegs, Dip Bars
7. Sunny Health & Fitness Power and Squat Rack
- HEAVY DUTY FRAME: Supports up to 500 lbs for the Pull-up Bar and 880 lbs for the bar holders. Product Dims 42L x 47W x 85H in
- VERSATILE: Included landmine barbell attachment for greater utility and usage during core and rotational exercises such as landmine squats, anteflexion, lunges and rows. *Barbell NOT included
- KNURLING: Knurled Grip on Pull up Bar providing extra grip in strenuous/slippery workout sessions. Exercise band attachment points to better increase strength and endurance.
Sunny Health & Fitness is one of the most reputable names in the fitness world. Taking a look at their Power and Squat Rack, it’s easy to see why.
They put quality in everything they produce, combining innovation with durability and offering it at a rate that most consumers are able to afford.
First off, the loaded power rack includes a 360-degree swivel built-in landmine post which is perfect for working the shoulders, chest, and lats to absolute exhaustion.
The raised height pull-up bar only helps with upper body destruction, working your back and biceps with precision focus. As it features a knurled grip, you won’t have to deal with slippery hands.
The 16” spotter arms will let you workout with extra peace of mind and the assurance that you’re safe if you can’t complete a rep or the barbell slips.
The max weight for the pull-up bar is an impressive 500, though the bar holders can support up to 880 pounds which is also more than sufficient for most.
With over 30 adjustment points, this model is made to work with every user and their unique body types.
Olympic plate storage posts will give you both organization while adding more stability when you’re using the rack! What more could you ask for?
Sunny Health and Fitness Power and Squat Rack at a Glance:
- Dimensions: 42″L x 47″W x 85″H inches
- Weight Capacity: 880 pounds
- Weight Storage: Yes
- Other: Weight Pegs, 360-degree swivel landmine, power band attachment, pull up bar
FAQs About Squat Racks
Q: How much is recommended to spend on a squat rack?
A: While we just briefly touched on this, if you can spend more, spend more. When it comes to squat racks and exercise equipment in general, you should splurge a bit (if you can swing it) and opt for quality. Not only are they going to last longer, but they’re most likely going to be safer to use and provide you with better results.
Q: Can I use my squat rack outside?
A: While many on our guide could probably hold up well against rust and corrosion, we highly recommend not using yours outdoors. They’re not made for the elements, and it’s not safe to use it under these kinds of circumstances.
Q: Will my squat rack come with weights?
A: No, squat racks and power racks in general almost never come with weights included.
Q: Will I have to put the rack together myself?
A: Yes – shipping a fully-assembled squat rack isn’t going to be very feasible nor cheap. No need to worry, however, as they’re pretty easy to assemble; especially if you have a buddy or loved one who can help.
Now that you’ve had the opportunity to read about pretty much everything you could ever want to know about squat racks, which is the model for you?
No matter which one you select, know that you’ll be getting one of the best squat racks in the world. However, what’s most important is that you select the perfect product for your goals and needs. A squat rack is a very personal product, and your needs will vary depending on your current level of fitness, body type, available space, budget, and more.
We hope that our guide has helped to lead you to the best one for you. Thanks for tuning in and we’ll see you again soon! Happy lifting!