Find the Best Weight Sled For 2022 – Build Your Strength And Get Rid Of Fat
Whether it is a personal or professional gym, a weight sled cannot go unmentioned when it comes to gym equipment.
Sled training allows your body to burn calories faster while simultaneously offering a whole body workout to engage the majority of your muscles.
Although many people skip over this effective tool in their workout routine, sled training is no joke – which is why we’re determined to help you find the best weight sled for you.
Best Weight Sleds Of 2022 Reviewed
Econ Prowler Weighted Push Sled – Best Weight Sled Overall
- Push-and-pull weight sled
- 400-pound capacity
- 41 x 18 x 8 inches
- Compact in size, a good fit for home gyms
- Robust, heavy-duty design
Econ’s Prowler weighted sled features an ergonomic design, with heavy-duty materials that enhance its robust structure while making it lighter than other push sleds.
The power of this sled lies in its weight capacity and in its ability to hold both iron and rubber weight plates with 2-inch holes.
The best thing about it is the fact that it works perfectly on the vast majority of surfaces – be it asphalt, grass, turf, or concrete; you can place it both indoors and outdoors, whatever your preference is.
Strength training is made easy with the addition of this Econ weighted push sled.
It allows you to upgrade your cardio routine by including a mounting bracket to attach a harness. And its versatility doesn’t stop there:
It features detachable front and back handles, which makes it convenient to store.
All in all, versatility and practicality make it the ideal choice – which cements its position as the best overall weighted sled.
- Has a mounting bracket that allows you to diversify your routine by adding a harness
- Sports an impressive weight capacity
- Incredibly easy to assemble
- Compact design allows easy storage, and it includes detachable handles
- Fits all 2″ plates, no matter the material they are made of
- Although it is a push-and-pull sled, it doesn’t come with a harness included
- Could be a bit sturdier
XPO Trainer Push Sled– Best Premium Weight Sled
- Push weight sled
- Equipped with a resistance motor with wheels
- 43.5 x 35 x 43 inches
- Compact and easy for transportation
- Rugged, robust design
To exponentially upgrade your workout, turn to the innovative XPO Trainer Push Sled and revolutionize how you perceive sled training.
This high-end sled is there to push you to another level of physical preparedness. How?
It accommodates your newly acquired training needs – it pushes back, no matter how hard you are going.
Its remarkable ability to fully adjust to each individual athlete or athlete-in-the-making personalizes the workout process and gives effective results in no time.
You can take your workouts anywhere with XPO’s powerful tool, as it has non-marring tires that enable you to train both indoors and outdoors while making as little noise as possible.
While it is implied that no weight needs to be added to it, the only potential downside may lie in the fact that it can become less stable over time.
That, however, is easily solvable by simply adding some weight plates to it, thus making your exercise tougher and prompting better results.
- A revolutionary and innovative approach to sled training that allows tailored workouts
- Doesn’t produce noise and is great for all surfaces
- Pushes you back – increases resistance as you push
- Sturdy and durable
- Being the more upscale option, stability shouldn’t be an issue
- Very expensive
miR Heavy Duty Weighted Power Speed Training Sled – Best Weight Sled For Beginners
- Push and pull weight sled
- 200-pound capacity
- 24 x 12 x 7 inches
- Smaller-scale construction, easy for transport
- Heavy-duty design
With a maximum capacity of 200 pounds, this compact push and pull sled racks up impressive effectiveness when it comes to sled training.
Its weight capacity is especially steered towards non-professional bodybuilders, and the limit should definitely not deter you from giving this one a try. You can develop speed and engage your entire body in a powerful workout with this sled.
It features an adjustable shoulder mesh padding, optimizing your comfort while you work out.
What makes it an excellent piece of equipment for beginners – aside from the weight capacity – is the fact that it encourages team training. It comes with a push bar in the back that stimulates dual workouts.
All things considered, it is a great value product as it comes with both waist belts and leads that ensure the sled is stabilized, and what is even better – it’s suitable for all surfaces.
- Performs well on all surfaces and is great for cement ground as it doesn’t produce a lot of noise
- Contrary to some rumors, it can sport Olympic plates
- The waist belt and dual leads for improved stability
- Strengthens both arms and legs
- Tighter cinch of the harness needed for a snug fit
- If you want to pull more weight, consider investing in a vest that can sustain it
Bluedot Trading Power Running Training Speed Sled – Best Value Weight Sled
- Push and pull weight sled
- 100 pounds capacity
- 3.3 x 15.7 x 25.4 inches
- Smaller-scale construction, easy for transport
- Durable steel build
Bluedot’s speed sled makes a great addition to your equipment if you are looking for a balanced yet equally demanding way to give your body an intense workout.
It’s easy to pinpoint why it’s the best value pick:
Its durable, heavy-duty metal construction has proven itself capable of enduring strenuous workouts due to being equipped with secure clips and a well-made, high-quality harness.
Because of its rugged construction, Olympic plates can be added for extra weight, and it allows you to torch calories by adding resistance to your optimal running drills.
The price point is one of its most pronounced fortes; the quality far exceeds the money that you’ll pay for it. You’ll find that you’ll be using this sled for a long time, saving money in the long run.
This weighted sled performs better on softer surfaces such as grass or turf. So, be mindful not to use it on concrete or asphalt as the rough surfaces can damage it.
- Best value and price for the quality of the product; great long-term investment
- Allows for the addition of Olympic bar plates
- Comes with a good quality harness
- Optimizable and personalized resistance training
- Buckles are made of plastic, so they’re not really of high quality
- Not good for all surfaces; asphalt and concrete can damage it
YNXing Sled Harness Workout Resistance and Assistance Trainer – Budget-Friendly Pick
- Single sled harness with strap
- 180-pound capacity
- 33 x 16 x 0.39 inches
- Multiple sizes available to go with your needs
- Premium stainless steel and durable nylon
YNXing’s sled is one of the sled harnesses that are extremely versatile and can be used for a wide variety of exercises – but its full potential shines when being put to use in sprinting workouts.
While its price may suggest a low-quality product, YNXing begs to differ, and it delivers a premium solution for all beginners that want to enrich their gym experience and diversify the exercises they do.
It can also be a great addition to intense sports, as it can significantly improve your training process, stamina, and strength.
The sturdy pulling strap is made from good quality nylon, and the spring buckle is there for added security to the strap, as well as the plastic snap.
- Great quality material is used in its construction to make it durable
- Good for resistance, strength, and stamina training
- Lightweight, detachable harness that is easy to use
- Budget-friendly price
- Extra padding in the strap could be more comfortable
- The clips could be of better quality
Power Speed Sled w/Harness – Best Power Speed Sled
- Single sled harness
- 150-pound capacity
- 25.2 x 19.45 x 3.54 inches
- One size fits all
- Sturdy construction with a powder finishing coat
You can stop your search for the best power-speed sleds here. Its application is versatile across various sports and disciplines, as it can help you both with leg muscle training and stamina.
While it doesn’t feature its own weight plates, it does come with a weighted drag. However, you can add weight plates of your own choice and thus increase your strength at your own pace.
This powerful tool has belts that allow you to fit and use the product according to your needs.
Its rugged construction is a testimony to durability, so you don’t need to worry about it breaking down; it isn’t prone to dysfunction.
Once it becomes a standard piece of your equipment, you find it easy to grab and carry the weight load you add yourself.
- A heavy-duty tool of great value to upgrade your exercise regime
- Makes for a great investment and doesn’t cost a lot
- Allows you to use the weight plates that you want
- Push handles are sturdy and functional
- Helps to keep your back straight
- Ship package came lacking a few hardware pieces
- Doesn’t support Olympic plates
Titan HD Power Speed Sled Weighted Drag Sled Football Fat Boy s25 – Best for Athletes
- Simple push sled
- 500-pound capacity
- 24 x 16 x 18 inches
- 2-inch wide harnesses are included with these models
- Sturdy and stable design
Made from premium iron, Titan’s HD Power Drag Sled has a base weight of 37 pounds that can be enhanced by adding 2-inch Olympic plates for a more intense workout.
Its specialty lies in strength-building training, which is what makes it an ideal pick for football players and athletes looking to boost their cardio.
Keep in mind that sled training offers a dual-mode of application – and forward-facing drags help with acceleration while the backward-facing ones boost the arms’ strength.
It can also target the posterior chain; it all depends on whether you focus on pulling, pushing, or dragging the tool.
Due to its sturdy construction, this piece of equipment is meant to last for a long time and withhold a lot of pressure and weight. So, yes, you can get your maximum out of it.
- You can use Olympic weight plates with this prowler
- Durable construction
- Compatible with a double handle
- Powder-coated finish
- Good for strengthening legs
- The ropes could be of better quality
- While compatible with Olympic weights, they may not lay flat
Happybuy Fitness Sled Red Training Sled – Best Robust Weighted Sled
- Push and pull weight sled
- 500 pounds capacity
- 24 x 40 x 40.3 inches
- Bulkier in size
- Anti-rust, waterproof, premium-grade steel construction
If you want a solid piece of semi-professional equipment without an inflated price tag that you pay with most brands, then Happybuy has just the thing for you.
Their bulky weighted sleds come with two poles, and as such, they allow you to experience a low-intensity cardio workout.
You can easily add a plate or two to increase the load by adding heavier weights exercise – and you can easily integrate pulling and pushing into your routine.
The manufacturers made sure that the premium-grade steel construction of this tool is anti-rust and waterproof, which makes it good for outdoor use. That said, make sure to clean it well after outdoor usage.
- Extra support and stability enabled by its waist belts and dual leads
- Functions on most surfaces including sand, snow, grass, and turf
- Comes with two 1.9″ poles
- Compatible with 2″ Olympic plates
- Not very suitable for firmer grounds, such as concrete and asphalt
- The handles tend to get a bit stuck and need some breaking in before taking them out
How To Choose The Right Weight Sled For Your Sled Training?
Consider Your Budget
While it shouldn’t be the sole deciding factor, it’s always a good idea to set aside a budget and accommodate your financial capabilities when choosing the right weighted sleds.
You shouldn’t go overboard – but still, aim for a reasonable price to quality ratio.
Be Honest About Physical Capabilities
Sled training offers you the chance to access your full-body strength through pushing and pulling exercises.
Some weighted sleds are aimed at professional athletes, while others are oriented more towards beginners.
The best weight sleds are the ones that allow you to develop your physical prowess and advance with them over time.
Always look for weighted sleds compatible with your current skill set – but that can go overboard and allow you to develop more as time goes on.
Choose A Preferred Surface Terrain
Where you’ll be using your sleds is also of crucial importance. The terrain type also affects what kind of sleds you’ll want to buy.
Whether it’ll be concrete, asphalt, turf, grass, sand, or snow – you’ll want to make sure that they can withstand any of the terrains readily available to you.
Best Weight Sled: FAQ
Q: What muscles does a weight sled work?
A: As an effective full-body exercise, weight sleds engage a wide scope of muscles such as shoulder and chest muscles, glutes, hip flexors, calves, and hamstrings, as well as your core and your triceps. It will also target your back, encouraging you to keep it straight and well postured.
Q: Does a weight sled make you faster?
A: Athletes incorporate a weight sled in their workouts on the regular. The reason behind this is that a weighted sled greatly enhances acceleration in sprinting. While it can make you faster, it is also good for improving your overall athletic abilities.
Q: Can you use a weight sled on concrete?
A: Lighter weight sleds are better for a softer surface, but if your surface of choice is concrete, the weight sled that you’ll want to use needs to be made from heavy-duty components. Plus, a heavier sled will help you gain more endurance, and it will help you greatly in strength training.
Before you decide which weighted sled is meant to enrich your athletic exercise and workouts, you ought to make sure this piece of equipment fits your needs like a glove.
While every sled on the list has its own advantages and qualities, Econ Prowler Weighted Push Sled deserves a special spot as the best weight sled out there.
It’ll definitely help you up the game with muscle building, conditioning, and all-around physical preparedness.