The Bowflex SelectTech 552 / 1090 Dumbbell Stand is the perfect complement for your dumbbells. This stand is designed to protect your back from getting strained as you will not have the need to bend down just to pick up the dumbbells. The sleek and handsome design is suitable for many settings. If you want added convenience, check this stand and see if the features that come with it are right for you and your budget.
- Each dumbbell adjusts from 5 to 52.5 pounds; adjusts in 2.5-pound increments up to the first 25 pounds
- Lets you rapidly switch from one exercise to the next
- Combines 15 sets of weights into one, using a unique dial system
- Eliminates the need for multiple dumbbells cluttering your workout space
- Two year warranty on weight plates and parts
- INCLUDES: Comes with one pair (set of 2) of dumbbell transport straps, perfectly compatible with the BowFlex SelectTech 552 adjustable dumbbell system. Dumbbells not included Patent Pending Unique Utility Dumbbell Carry Strap. Instructions included for easy set up.
- MATERIALS: Made to last woven nylon, inner rubber lined, protective padding to keep your 552 dumbbells and cradle base in supreme condition with a sturdy quick release durable plastic buckle
- EASE: Easily carry your 552 dumbbells in only one trip to the car
- PREVENTION: Prevents dumbbells from spilling out of cradle base during travel; protecting weight plates from chipping and metal locking mechanisms from shifting unevenly. Instructions included for easy set up.
- TRAVEL: Transport Straps designed to store neatly with integrated cradle design technology
The ergonomic design is proof that the product is well-constructed. Consider the other main features of this product:
- This product comes with a 30-year warranty, but make sure that you are clear about the details. Are parts and service included in the warranty? Check with the distributor and Bowflex.
- The product has rollers at the bottom so you can easily roll it out of the way after using.
- There is a place in the unit to hang in your towels. The rack for towels can accommodate three to four big towels. That will be enough for you to use for long sessions.
- Make sure that you check for “free” offerings. The company sometimes gives out free units on special occasions to those who will purchase their dumbbells. If you are lucky, you can have the unit shipped and handled for you without having to pay a single cent. But if you cannot find such exciting deal, you will have to shell out around $170. But online retailers like Amazon often give a 20% discount.
- The design is professional. According to some reviews, Bowflex dumbbells look great on the stand and as part of a home exercise area. The combination looks like the perfect professional setup.
- This product means you don’t have to worry about space. Just designate a place in a corner and the thing can easily be rolled in any spot.
- This stand is designed to protect dumbbell users. With this exercise instrument allowing the dumbbells to be placed at the waist level, the user is not required to bend down. Back injuries are some of the brutal injuries that can be acquired from weightlifting.
- The stand looks frail from the pictures online, but it is actually made of very durable materials. One reviewer even noted that the stand may last as long as the Bowflex dumbbells can last.
- The black and the metal colors add up to the simplicity of the design. This makes the table suitable for all settings and occasions and fitting for most of available dumbbell designs.
There are two setbacks and some reviewers have mentioned them.
- Assembly is an issue as the manual is quite confusing as well as its instructions. The table comes completely disassembled and you can spend time figuring out which piece should connect to which piece. The technique is to lay everything on the floor and check out the screw sizes first. Next, check how the stand stands on the picture. Just be guided by that structure.
- You might also feel a little bit confused on how to use the straps that should hold the dumbbells in place when sitting on the stand. The manual is a little bit unclear about how to use the straps properly. The best advice we can give you is to check with the company.