As a standard-sized machine suited for home use, the Spirit Esprit EL-5 elliptical trainer is engineered in such a way that it provides a low-impact cardiovascular workout that will not cause injury on the back, hips, or knees.
The unit is designed to stand in an upright position wherein the user performs exercise routines by holding on to the equipment’s handrails. The motion involved in this type of device is fluid and smooth, and it can be compared to stepping, walking, and cycling. Such movements will strengthen both arms and legs while also strengthening the heart and lungs.
- 20 Levels of Resistance – This model of exercise machine is incorporated with programmable levels of resistance to keep you challenged and motivated in performing routine exercises.
- 8 Pre-set Programs – There are 8 program courses to choose from; you can immediately start working out at any time regardless of your fitness level.
- 2 Heart Rate Controls – You can easily monitor your heart rate through the unit’s console.
- 3-Position Pedal Adjustment – The angle of pedals can be adjusted according to your preferences for a particular workout routine.
- Blue Backlit LCD Display – The unit’s console is easy to read because of its blue background. It is also capable of alpha numeric messages.
- Accessories – This elliptical trainer is equipped with a water bottle holder, sweat-resistant hand grips and large caster wheels.
The manufacturer backs this model of an elliptical trainer with a lifetime warranty on the frame and brake system, a 5-year warranty on the parts, and a 1-year warranty on labor.
- Maximum User Weight: 350 pounds
- Stride Length: 20 Inches
- Equipment Dimension: 82 L x 27 W x 67 H inches
- Equipment Weight: 200 pounds
How to Assemble the Spirit Esprit EL-5 Elliptical Trainer?
The Spirit Esprit EL-5 comes with a detailed instruction manual and a set of tools as well. The screws, nuts, and bolts are also segregated into separate containers to make assembly trouble-free. The flywheel part of the elliptical trainer also comes pre-assembled, so all you need to do is install this part in its proper place.
Once fully assembled, the unit measures 82 x 27 x 67 inches and it weighs approximately 200 pounds. Although this home gym equipment can be easily put together by 1 person, getting the assistance of another will make the task easier.
How to Use the Spirit Esprit EL-5 Exercise Machine?
This home exercise machine is quite big, so it may be practical to choose a permanent position for it. Should you require moving it, however, it has large transport wheels to make the job easier.
This exercise machine can be used right after assembling it as it has pre-programmed settings. You can choose from the 8 programs already set in the unit, and adjust the resistance levels accordingly too.
In spite of its heavy and stable design, it is still recommended that you position this unit on a flat and hard surface. Placing it on carpeted surfaces may give the device a wobbly stance during a workout routine.
Common User Issues and Concerns
Fitness enthusiasts who have purchased this model of elliptical trainer are generally satisfied with the product’s overall performance.
Although a majority of users found assembling the unit quite easy as it also includes the appropriate tools to set it up, there were also those who had some trouble putting up the exercise machine. According to some consumers, the instruction manual lacked illustrations and pictures to make the task easier.
There were also some reports of customers having bad experiences with the manufacturer’s customer support. According to disgruntled users, customer support can’t even answer simple inquiries and you can literally be left hanging with a question about the product. However, these are only isolated cases.
As this is a popular elliptical machine, we searched for customer testimonials on the internet and found that this equipment garnered both positive and negative comments. See some of the issues connected with this unit below.
What Trainers Like About the Device:
- Easy to read monitor – the console is equipped with blue backlit LCD that’s easy on the eyes.
- Comfy handgrips – the no-slip design on the handgrips allows a user to exercise conveniently and safely.
- Easy to relocate – transferring the unit to another place is easy as it comes with caster wheels.
What Users Don’t Like About the Unit:
- Assembly issues – although the elliptical trainer is not that easy to put together, it requires 2 people to assemble it as some of the parts are really heavy.
- Customer service – some consumers reported that calling the manufacturer’s customer service is useless as they can’t even answer simple queries about the exercise equipment.